FORT WORTH, Texas, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for the busy summer travel season, American Airlines premium customers at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) will enjoy an expedited and personalized check-in experience as American opens its third Flagship® Check-In. Similar to Flagship Check-In at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Miami International Airport (MIA), this exclusive check-in experience at JFK is designed to enhance the customer journey.
Flagship Check-In offers customers a private experience with customer service representatives who can assist with a variety of individual travel needs, as well as access to an expedited security line. Customers eligible for Flagship Check-In include:
- ConciergeKeySM members
- First Class customers traveling onboard an American Airlines three-class transcontinental aircraft departing from LAX, MIA or JFK
- First Class customers traveling onboard an international American aircraft or select oneworld® alliance international aircraft anywhere in their outbound itineraries. For a complete list of eligible carriers, please visit aa.com/flagshipcheckin
- Customers of American's Five Star ServiceSM assistance program – a personal one-on-one airport service provided on the day of travel
"The new American is indeed arriving and the opening of JFK Flagship Check-In is one more example of our progress," said Virasb Vahidi, American's Chief Commercial Officer. "We remain focused on modernizing and building an exceptional travel experience for our premium customers at every step of their journey. Our Flagship Check-In customers also enjoy easy access through security checkpoints so they can make their way to the Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge or their gate."
The JFK Flagship Check-In experience is located in Terminal 8 and will be available daily between 3:30 a.m. and 11 p.m.
In addition to JFK's new Flagship Check-In, American continues to provide an enhanced customer experience that focuses on the needs of today's premium customers. This includes world class products and services such as:
- Turndown service in American's First Class cabins onboard all international Boeing 777s
- New Boeing 777-300ERs featuring a walk-up bar for customers traveling in a premium cabin, as well as fully lie-flat First and Business Class seating with direct aisle access from every seat
- Taking delivery of Airbus A321T transcontinental aircraft later this year that will offer fully lie-flat First and Business Class seats, Wi-Fi and inflight entertainment at every seat
- Main Cabin Extra seating that features an additional four to six inches of legroom and Group 1 Boarding privileges
- Increased service to key global business markets and closer coordination with alliance partners
For more information on how American is enhancing the travel experience for today's modern traveler, and to learn more about the progress of the new American, visit aa.com/newamerican.
About American Airlines
American Airlines focuses on providing an exceptional travel experience across the globe, serving more than 260 airports in more than 50 countries and territories. American's fleet of nearly 900 aircraft fly more than 3,500 daily flights worldwide from hubs in Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami and New York. American flies to nearly 100 international locations including important markets such as London, Madrid, Sao Paulo and Tokyo. With more than 500 new planes scheduled to join the fleet, including continued deliveries of the Boeing 737 family of aircraft and new additions such as the Boeing 777-300ER and the Airbus A320 family of aircraft, American is building toward the youngest and most modern fleet among major U.S. carriers. American's website, aa.com®, provides customers with easy access to check and book fares, and personalized news, information and travel offers. American's AAdvantage® program, voted Program of the Year at the 2013 Freddie Awards, lets members earn miles for travel and everyday purchases and redeem miles for flights to almost 950 destinations worldwide, as well as flight upgrades, vacation packages, car rentals, hotel stays and other retail products. The airline also offers nearly 40 Admirals Club® locations worldwide providing comfort, convenience, and an environment with a full range of services making it easy for customers to stay productive without interruption. American is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest airlines in the world, including global brands like British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Iberia Airlines, Japan Airlines, LAN and Qantas. Together, its members serve more than 840 destinations served by some 9,000 daily flights to nearly 160 countries and territories. Connect with American on Twitter @AmericanAir or Facebook.com/AmericanAirlines. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AMR Corporation common stock trades under the symbol "AAMRQ" on the OTCQB marketplace, operated by OTC Markets Group.
SOURCE American Airlines