ORLANDO, Fla., May 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- A revolutionary water theme park has risen at Universal Orlando Resort – Universal's Volcano Bay is now open.
Download photos of the water theme park and grand opening ceremony here:
The park's first guests gathered today inside the new water theme park to enjoy an authentic, South Pacific dedication ceremony commemorating the opening of Volcano Bay. The ceremony featured special performances by an array of authentic Maori entertainment, ranging from water dancers to "Haka" war dancers. The moment culminated with an eruption from the mighty 200 ft. Krakatau volcano – the park's stunning icon.
Volcano Bay is Universal Orlando's third theme park and the next chapter in the award-winning vacation destination's evolution. Universal Orlando is part of the NBCUniversal Comcast family, which has invested significantly in the destination's unprecedented growth. In just seven years, 25 new experiences – entire themed areas, attractions, restaurants, and hotels – have been added across the destination. Universal Orlando now has 5,600 rooms across its five (soon to be six) on-site hotels.
Volcano Bay was brought to life by Universal Creative – the same team responsible for bringing so many other groundbreaking experiences to life within Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure. Volcano Bay is a next-level water theme park - combining spectacular storytelling and incredibly immersive guest experiences with innovative technology exclusively designed for Universal to give visitors a fun-filled, hassle-free experience with their friends and family.
"Universal's Volcano Bay sets a new standard on every level – from the attractions to how our guests experience them," said Tom Williams, Chairman & CEO – Universal Parks & Resorts. "Our new water theme park is the perfect complement to the rest of our incredible destination. It provides our guests with spectacular entertainment experiences and innovative technology that helps them enjoy more of what matters most – connecting with each other and having an amazing time together."
Spanning 25 fully immersive acres and featuring something for everyone – from perfected relaxation to incredible thrills – Volcano Bay is unlike any other water park in world. It offers an immersive environment filled with unbelievable detail and innovative technology to enhance fun and remove hassles. Volcano Bay features:
- More than 30 experiences including 18 unique attractions such as a multi-directional wave pool with sandy beaches, a peaceful winding river, twisting multi-rider raft rides, speeding body slides that drop from the top of the volcano into the waters below and more.
- The TapuTapu wearable – included with guest admission and specifically designed for use within Universal's Volcano Bay. Features of TapuTapu include:
- Virtual Line Access: TapuTapu allows guests to virtually wait in line for rides while enjoying other areas of the park. Their wearable will simply alert them when it's time for their ride.
- TapTu Play: Guests can enjoy many TapTu Play experiences throughout the park - like controlling streams of water spurting from whales in Tot Tiki Reef, shooting water cannons at guests snaking down Kopiko Wai Winding River, illuminating images in the volcano's hidden caves and more.
- TapTu Pay: Guests can make purchases throughout the entire park with their TapuTapu wearable, eliminating the need to carry cash, credit cards or a wallet throughout the park.
- TapTu Snap/My Universal Photo Access: Guests can take advantage of special interactive photo opportunities and selfie-spots throughout the park as well as photo opportunities on Volcano Bay's attractions. Their wearable will automatically link those photos to their account so that guests can view, share and purchase them at their convenience.
- Locker Access: After renting their lockers, guests will be able to access them with a touch of their TapuTapu wearable.
- Beautifully-themed dining locations featuring more than 60 delicious, South Pacific-inspired dishes – ranging from jerk mahi sandwiches to fresh island chicken salad to decadent chocolate pineapple upside down cake.
For more information about Universal's Volcano Bay, visit www.universalorlando.com.
About Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Orlando Resort is a unique vacation destination that is part of the NBCUniversal Comcast family. For more than 25 years, Universal Orlando has been creating epic vacations for the entire family – incredible experiences that place guests in the heart of powerful stories and adventures.
Universal Orlando's theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, are home to some of the world's most exciting and innovative theme park experiences – including The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Hogsmeade and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Diagon Alley. And now open is Universal Orlando's third park, Universal's Volcano Bay – an entirely new water theme park experience. Universal's on-site resort hotels, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, feature a total of 5,600 rooms and are destinations unto themselves. Its entertainment complex, Universal CityWalk, offers dining and entertainment for every member of the family.
Universal Orlando Resort has unveiled more than 20 new guest experiences since 2010 – powerful attractions, incredible dining opportunities and dramatically themed hotels. Now open is Skull Island: Reign of Kong, a groundbreaking attraction in Islands of Adventure, and CityWalk's newest, unique dining experience, The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/now-open-volcano-bay-universal-orlando-resorts-third-amazing-theme-park-300464223.html
SOURCE Universal Orlando Resort