HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Two titans of entertainment, NOW That's What I Call Music! and Walt Disney Records, have teamed up for the November 6 release of NOW That's What I Call Disney, a new album collection showcasing beloved music classics.
NOW That's What I Call Disney features 20 favorite musical moments that have been enchanting and entertaining audiences for generations, including "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio, "Someday My Prince Will Come" from Snow White, "The Bare Necessities" from The Jungle Book, Elton John's "Circle of Life" from The Lion King, "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, Randy Newman's "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story, "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella, "Bella Notte" from Lady and the Tramp, "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty, and many more.
"NOW is the top selling recorded music franchise and has transcended from a purely current chart compilation to represent the very best of many musical genres," says NOW Music COO, Jerry Cohen. "We believe the combination of Disney and NOW brands together brings the level of attention deserved to an amazing collection of classic Disney songs and the NOW team is especially proud to have this opportunity."
Added Disney Music Group's Senior Vice President/GM Cathleen Taff, "Disney's movies and songs create such memorable moments during childhood that they stay with us throughout our lives. This collection spans several generations, and is something families can enjoy listening to together. NOW is a natural collaboration for us."
NOW That's What I Call Disney [CD, digital]
1. "When You Wish Upon a Star" - Pinocchio
2. "Someday My Prince Will Come" - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
3. "Circle of Life" - The Lion King (Elton John)
4. "Kiss the Girl" - The Little Mermaid
5. "Colors of the Wind" - Pocahontas
6. "The Bare Necessities" - The Jungle Book
7. "Beauty and the Beast" - Beauty and the Beast
8. "A Whole New World" - Aladdin
9. "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" - Cinderella
10. "Once Upon a Dream" - Sleeping Beauty
11. "Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat" - The Aristocats
12. "You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!" - Peter Pan
13. "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Toy Story (Randy Newman)
14. "I See the Light" - Tangled
15. "Cruella De Vil" - 101 Dalmatians
16. Go the Distance - Hercules
17. Bella Notte - Lady and the Tramp
18. Life Is a Highway - Cars (Rascal Flatts)
19. Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride - Lilo & Stitch
20. Reflection - Mulan
About NOW That's What I Call Music!
The NOW That's What I Call Music! series is a joint venture from EMI Music North America, Sony Music Entertainment, and Universal Music Group. NOW and NOW That's What I Call Music! are registered trademarks of EMI (IP) Limited. The NOW series debuted in the U.S. in 1998, after 15 years of multi-platinum international success. NOW has sold more than 200 million albums worldwide, including more than 86 million in the U.S. Every album in the numeric U.S. series has reached Billboard's Top 10, and 16 NOW releases have reached number one, including the most recent numbered edition, NOW 43, released in August.
About Disney Music Group
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, and Disney Music Publishing. The labels' genre-spanning rosters include Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Plain White T's, Bridgit Mendler, ZZ Ward, Coco Jones, R5, Lucy Hale, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Redlight King, Cherri Bomb, American Idol finalist Stefano, McClain Sisters, and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as Frankenweenie Unleashed, Avengers Assemble, Shake It Up, Phineas and Ferb, A.N.T. Farm, The Muppets, and the upcoming Wreck It Ralph.
SOURCE EMI Music; Sony Music Entertainment; Universal Music Group