NRDC Press Briefing: Year-In-Review Analysis Of Key Issues And Opportunities For Progress In 2014
Keystone XL, Fracking, NRDC's Plan to Cut Carbon Emissions from Power Plants, and More.
WASHINGTON, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Experts at the Natural Resources Defense Council on Thursday will conduct a year-in-review press briefing that also will look ahead at the challenges and opportunities for significant progress for our health and environment in 2014. We'll discuss: fracking; NRDC's plan to cut carbon emissions from power plants and U.S. EPA standards; the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline; Congressional attacks on a bedrock environmental law, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA); and tax-extension policies for renewables and energy efficiency measures.
- David Doniger, policy director, Climate and Clean Air Program (NRDC's plan to reduce carbon pollution from power plants and EPA action)
- Pete Altman, climate and clean air campaign director (EPA power plant standards in 2014)
- David Goldston, government affairs director (National Environmental Policy Act, Tax Extenders for energy efficiency and renewable energy)
- Danielle Droitsch, Canada Project director (Keystone XL tar sands pipeline)
- John Walke, clean air director, Climate and Clean Air Program (air toxics issues)
- Amy Mall, Lands and Wildlife Program senior policy analyst (fracking)
11:30 a.m. Eastern, Thursday, December 12, 2013
TO PARTICIPATE: Reporters may join the news conference and Q&A by dialing 1-800-860-2442.
Ask for the "NRDC 2014 issues" news event.
CAN'T PARTICIPATE?: A streaming audio replay of the news event will be available as of 3 p.m. EST on December 12, 2013 at http://www.nrdc.org.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental organization with more than 1.4 million members and online activists. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC has offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Livingston, Montana, and Beijing. Visit us at www.nrdc.org and follow us on Twitter @NRDC.
SOURCE Natural Resources Defense Council, Washington, D.C.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.