PROVO, Utah, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: NUS) provided its 2013 financial guidance in advance of its annual investor day. The company projects annual revenue of $2.25 to $2.30 billion, a 7 to 9 percent increase, or 8 to 10 percent on a constant currency basis. Earnings per share are estimated to be $3.70 to $3.85, an increase of 10 to 15 percent over 2012.
"As we conclude another successful year, we continue to generate healthy momentum and are projecting 2013 to be another record-breaking year for Nu Skin," said Truman Hunt, president and chief executive officer. "We anticipate strong growth in our sales leaders and consumer base, healthy trends in all of our regions, and a record launch of our new ageLOC weight management system in 2013. Our management team looks forward to sharing more details of our 2013 growth strategy, as well as our long-term plan for achieving our $4.00 per share target, at our annual investor day meeting today."
A webcast of the event will start at 9 a.m. EST and will be available at http://ir.nuskin.com. A replay of the webcast, along with accompanying slides and financial information, will be made available from the same location through Dec. 7.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. demonstrates its tradition of innovation through its comprehensive anti-aging product portfolio, independent business opportunity and corporate social responsibility initiatives. The company's scientific leadership in both skin care and nutrition has established Nu Skin as a premier anti-aging company. The company's anti-aging products feature the new ageLOC® suite of products including the ageLOC® R2 nutritional supplement, ageLOC® Galvanic Spa System and ageLOC® Galvanic Body Spa™, as well as the ageLOC® Transformation daily skin care system. A global direct selling company, Nu Skin operates in 53 markets worldwide and has more than 900,000 active distributors and preferred customers. Nu Skin is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol 'NUS'. More information is available at http://www.nuskin.com.
Please Note: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended that represent the company's current expectations and beliefs. All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws and include, but are not limited to, statements of management's expectations regarding the company's initiatives and strategies, sales force and consumer base growth, regional performance and new product introductions; statements of projections regarding revenue, earnings per share, the impact of foreign currency fluctuations and other financial items; statements of belief; and statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. In some cases, you can identify these statements by forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "project," "anticipate," "estimate," "intend," "plan," "targets," "likely," "will," "would," "could," "may," "might," the negative of these words and other similar words.
The forward-looking statements and related assumptions involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to differ materially from any forward-looking statements or views expressed herein. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- any failure of current or planned initiatives or products to generate interest among distributors and customers and generate sponsoring and selling activities on a sustained basis;
- risks related to accurately predicting, delivering or maintaining sufficient quantities of products to support our planned initiatives or launch strategies, including possible ingredient supply limitations;
- challenging economic conditions globally;
- risk of foreign currency fluctuations and the currency translation impact on the company's business associated with these fluctuations;
- risks associated with general inquiries and complaints to consumer protection agencies in Japan regarding the activities of some distributors;
- regulatory risks associated with the company's products, which could require the company to modify its claims or inhibit the company's ability to import or continue selling a product in a market if it is determined to be a medical device or if it is unable to register the product in a timely manner under applicable regulatory requirements;
- continued regulatory scrutiny and investigations in Mainland China, which have from time to time in the past, and could in the future, negatively impact the company's business, including the interruption of sales activities in stores, loss of licenses, and the imposition of fines;
- adverse publicity related to the company's business, products, industry or any legal actions or complaints by distributors or others;
- any prospective or retrospective increases in duties on the company's products imported into the company's markets outside of the United States and any adverse results of tax audits or unfavorable changes to tax laws in the company's various markets; and
- continued competitive pressures in the company's markets.
The company's financial performance and the forward-looking statements contained herein are further qualified by a detailed discussion of associated risks set forth in the documents filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements set forth the company's beliefs as of the date that such information was first provided and the company assumes no duty to update the forward-looking statements contained in this release to reflect any change except as required by law.
SOURCE Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.