NEW YORK, July 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Nuro Secure Messaging LTD announced the introduction of its industry leading cognitive enterprise-grade secure group-messaging and collaboration platform designed for employees and external partners of corporations, government agencies and the military to communicate and collaborate in a safe, controlled and compliant private messaging environment on their mobile phones, tablets and computers.
A recent study by the Nielson group found that 97% of employees surveyed use team messaging in the workplace, 75% have sent important and confidential work-related information, and 21% have admitted to sending work related commercial information to friends outside the workplace. In addition the study found that less than 20% of companies have a messaging solution or policies in place to guide and regulate the use of messaging platforms within the workplace.
"It's alarming how many CEOs and top executives of publicly-traded or privately held and/or regulated industries are unaware of the fact that the majority of their workforce have turned to unsecured consumer grade third party, group messaging applications to circulate proprietary and/or classified information," said J.R. Smith, co-founder and executive chairman of Nuro and former CEO of AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG). "These inferior apps were created for the everyday consumer, and although they claim to be secure, they do not provide the type of security, privacy or manageability the SEC or another governmental body would consider secure and compliant. Our secure collaboration and group messaging solution is a fully integrated platform designed to give CEO's peace of mind by giving them security and privacy as well as full ownership and manageability over the immense amount of messages, data and classified information that is exchanged inside and outside their organizations each and every day."
Nuro addresses the group-messaging and collaboration platform privacy and security challenges that these institutions face head on. In particular: the lack of security, privacy, data ownership, data leak protection, transparency, management, compliance and control across all devices both inside and outside the organization. Key industries served include: Finance & Banking, Legal & Advisory, Healthcare, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Utilities & Electric and Logistics.
Companies use Nuro because it's private, safe, and manageable and it puts them in full control of their information and data. Hosted in the company's data centers, behind their firewall, Nuro easily integrates into their existing platforms and applications for continuity of business and allows them to communicate and manage with internal and external partners, clients and customers in a bespoke and branded manner. It also integrates into their business platforms, POS, CRM, alarm and reporting systems, and in doing so, allows them to get, in real time, important information in a private and secure manner.
In addition, Nuro is the only secure group-messaging platform in the world to draw on IBM Watson's cognitive language pattern recognition and behavioral technology to ensure breaches are detected in a timely fashion and to identify the cause of any breach.
Nuro realizes that breaches are often unintentional so we analyze patterns in messages and provide the transparency and predictive analytics that organizations need to ensure that their business communications are safe and that breaches are not only detected, but more importantly, prevented.
Nuro helps companies secure messages, documents and payments by creating messaging policies that demonstrate compliance to regulations worldwide (that mandate secure content transfer and is auditable), secure messages with role-based permissions while at the same time providing a friendly customer-experience.
- Safeguards privacy – every chat or group chat has its own secure, encrypted channel and outside third parties are only able to follow conversations they have been invited to contribute to, thereby ensuring privacy is maintained at all times
- Prevents data Leakage – by providing secure, advanced encryption of data at the endpoint, in transit via HTTPS and at rest in the organization's central database
- Security compliance assured - records of conversations are stored on a secure, searchable central database that acts as a virtual safe. Nothing is stored on the device.
- Everything is private and safe – every chat, document, picture, etc. is contained within the Nuro environment, no third party apps or platforms are needed or allowed to access the platform
- Flexible and Customizable – From a look and feel, as well as a branding standpoint, Nuro is fully customizable. Nuro's flexibility allows clients to define storage parameters and timeframes, usage rights, security levels, etc.
IT Administration Benefits
- Flexible deployment – available as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) but more importantly as a on-premise solution
- Centralized management – provides IT operators with centralized admin console for management of such issues as policy-setting or role-based permissions as well as integration with other enterprise systems, database activity monitoring, CRM and message push notification services
- Customizable Management Dashboard
- Simple to use – customers simply download the Nuro Secure Messaging App directly from Apple Store or Google Play and access with their own personal private login
- Enhances productivity – gives customers a familiar group chat environment for enhanced productivity and collaboration with the added benefit of knowing conversations are secure and private
- Not restricted to use only within the corporate environment – Nuro can be used to communicate within the organization as well as outside the organization with partners, suppliers, customers, etc. in the same private and secure manner
"As team-messaging continues to replace traditional email as the main method of communication within organizations, a real cyber danger exists," added Eran Pfeffer co-founder and CEO of Nuro. "Nuro is well positioned to address and solve these critical issues by blending consumer app-type functionality with centralized IT administration and enterprise-class security."
Nuro Secure Messaging is led by co-founder J.R. Smith, former president and CEO of AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG). Smith is the co-author of the 2012 book Wide Open Privacy: Strategies for the Digital Life (IT-Harvest Press). He has published a range of white papers, blogs and articles on the future of privacy, children's online safety, consumer dynamics and strategic innovation and often speaks as a thought leader on the future of privacy, consumer dynamics and disruptive innovation at conferences around the world.
About Nuro Secure Messaging
Nuro Secure Messaging is a cognitive enterprise-grade secure messaging and collaboration platform that enables organizations to create private mobile messaging networks for employees and external trusted partners and customers to communicate in a safe, private, secure, controlled and compliant environment. Nuro ensures that business conversations and documents stay in the workplace via multiple layers of security, including cognitive machine learning-based predictive analytics designed to detect compliance breaches before they occur. Nuro helps its customers operate efficiently with on-premises and cloud-based solutions that provide optimal security, integrity and compliance. Nuro is also a part of the IBM Alpha Zone and one of a handful of companies chosen to work with IBM's Watson team. Nuro is accessible via any connected device from smartphones to tablets, laptops or workstations. For more information visit www.nuro.im.
Raker Goldstein USA
(W) 212-863-4109, (M) 201-681-0618
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nuro-secure-messaging-launches-nuro-enterprise-ii-300295425.html
SOURCE Nuro Secure Messaging