Nutrition Business Journal Announces the 2014 Direct to Consumer Selling in the Natural Products Industry Report Yearly Analysis of Non-Retail Markets, Trends, Competition and Strategy in the U.S. Nutrition Industry Now Available
BOULDER, Colo., Aug. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New Hope Natural Media's Nutrition Business Journal (NBJ) today announced the availability of the 2014 Direct to Consumer Selling in the Natural Products Industry Report. The yearly report provides an analysis of non-retail markets from online and multi-level marketing (MLM) to practitioner, trends, competition and strategy in the natural products industry. The report is available to be purchased at http://newhope360.com/nbj-2014-direct-consumer-report.
Key highlights from the report:
- Every channel – network marketing, internet, practitioner – grew in 2013, with a combined growth of 7.8%.
- Internet nutrition sales grew 21.1% percent with nearly all the channels finding traction online.
- Practitioner channels showed robust growth of 10% with companies finding traction with MDs looking to boost income and take advantage of complimentary care components in the Affordable Care Act. Nurse practitioners showed growth of 14%.
- MLM sales grew by 5.3% in the US with much of the focus moving offshore. Observers also cite a more modest version of the emerging personalized medicine field as an opportunity well-suited to MLM with more distributors receiving training as health and fitness "coaches."
Rick Polito, Senior Editor, NBJ said, "Overall, direct faces both opportunities and obstacles in the coming year. Each channel must adapt to be more internet facing and discover paths that take advantage of emerging mobile platforms both with one-click sales and apps that help customer stick to supplement and weight-loss regimens."
The report offers.
- A breakdown and analysis of historical, current, and forecasted U.S. direct-to-consumer sales in the nutrition industry for the four major direct-sales channels—internet, MLM, practitioner and direct media (TV, radio, catalog).
- Detailed company profiles for 65+ of the top players and up-and-comers in the direct market, including sales data and SWOT analysis on 50+ of the companies.
- U.S. direct product sales for dietary supplements, functional foods and beverages, natural foods and beverages, organic foods and beverages and natural and organic personal care and household products.
- Lists of top direct selling products and top selling companies in each channel.
- Where international markets are headed and which countries and regions are strongest.
The report is available to be purchased at http://newhope360.com/nbj-2014-direct-consumer-report.
About Nutrition Business Journal
Nutrition Business Journal (NBJ) is a leading research, publishing and consulting firm serving the nutrition, natural products and integrative healthcare industries. NBJ delivers industry intelligence via a monthly journal, detailed market research reports, data charts, consulting services and an annual invite-only executive leadership conference, The NBJ Summit.
About New Hope Natural Media
New Hope Natural Media is the leading media resource and information provider for the natural, organic and healthy products industry, with print, in-person/event, and e-business products and services.
New Hope Natural Media
303 998 9232