Nutrition Business Journal Announces the 2014 Sports Nutrition and Weight Loss Report Yearly Analytical Report of all Pertinent Sports Nutrition and Weight Loss Data Now Available
BOULDER, Colo., June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New Hope Natural Media's Nutrition Business Journal (NBJ) today announced the availability of the 2014 Sports Nutrition and Weight Loss Report. The yearly report showcases market size estimates for weight-loss supplements, sports nutrition supplements, nutrition bars and gels, sports and energy drinks and shots, and meal supplements as well as industry forecasts through 2020. The report is available to be purchased at http://newhope360.com/presale-2014-nbj-sports-nutrition-and-weight-loss-report.
Key stats from the Sports Nutrition and Weight Loss Report:
- Weight-loss pills remain strong with growth totaling 11.6% for 2013.
- Energy shots are down 4.3%, with 5-hour Energy dropping two years in a row.
- Growth across sports nutrition weight loss is projected to hold steady between 6 and 7% through 2017.
- Plant protein gets a lot of press and accounts for 17%.
- British Columbia-based Vega, which accounts for roughly 30% of plant-based protein supplement sales, saw its sales spike 67% last year with revenues now hovering around $70 million.
- Red Bull remains the global leader with 42.5% dollar share of the energy drink category and reported 7.9% growth in 2013.
The report includes:
- In-depth analysis of weight-loss supplements, sports nutrition supplements, nutrition bars and gels, sports and energy drinks and shots, and meal supplements.
- Historical market results and forecasts through 2020 of each product category by sales channels, both retail and direct.
- Analysis of key trends affecting market performance.
- Analysis of the sports nutrition and weight loss value chain as it pertains to raw material and ingredient suppliers.
- Nearly 100 profiles and SWOT analyses for more than 65 top sports nutrition and weight loss companies.
"Has the sports nutrition industry painted itself into a corner, a sweaty corner of the gym where the mainstream rarely visits and reaching that mainstream is the trick that no company has really mastered?" asks Rick Polito, Senior Editor, Nutrition Business Journal. "There are a lot more soccer moms than there are bodybuilders and, with the exception of protein powders and shakes, they are not buying sports nutrition. The NBJ Sports Nutrition & Weight Loss Report offers valuable information and insight that a smart company could use to increase its market penetration into an exponentially larger market in casual fitness."
The 2014 Sports Nutrition and Weight Loss Report is available for sale at http://newhope360.com/presale-2014-nbj-sports-nutrition-and-weight-loss-report for $3,595.
About Nutrition Business Journal
Nutrition Business Journal (NBJ) is a leading research, publishing and consulting firm serving the nutrition, natural products and integrative healthcare industries. NBJ delivers industry intelligence via a monthly journal, detailed market research reports, data charts, consulting services and an annual invite-only executive leadership conference, The NBJ Summit.
About New Hope Natural Media
New Hope Natural Media, a division of Penton, is the leading media resource and information provider for the natural, organic and healthy products industry, with print, in-person/event, and e-business products and services.
New Hope Natural Media
303 998 9232
SOURCE New Hope Natural Media