OAG Cargo's AFRA Service Now includes US Origin Rates for Saudi Airlines Cargo
LONDON, August 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
OAG Cargo, specialists in the supply of data and information products for the global aviation industry, is delighted to announce that Saudi Airlines Cargo has decided to make its US origin rates - General, BellyFlex, MainDeck, Dangerous Goods, Perishable and Courier - available on AFRA (Air Freight Rate Application).
This represents a major vote of confidence in OAG Cargo and its AFRA system - an application that enables air freight rates to be communicated between airlines and forwarders as well as sales quotations between forwarders and shippers. In addition to adding valuable additional content to the service that AFRA provides for the air cargo industry, the decision by a major airline to join the community highlights the fact that publishing rates in AFRA can help all carriers to maximise their yield on freighter operations.
"We are proud to offer our competitive rates to the world's leading forwarders who are interested in quality, value and speed" said Michael Basoco, Regional Sales Director Americas for Saudi Airlines Cargo. "Making it easier to do business with us is the hallmark of a trusted carrier partner, and OAG Cargo continues to be the choice of a growing list of sophisticated air freight professionals."
OAG Cargo's Stephen Baggett, Sales Director, Americas, added: "Saudi Airlines Cargo is one of the major players in the world's air cargo market, so this is great news not just for us but for the entire AFRA community."
About OAG Cargo
- OAG Cargo is part of UBM Aviation group, specialists in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events for the global aviation industry.
- The company provides business critical information/communication to the aviation cargo marketplace and related industries by engaging with the air cargo community, applying its understanding and adapting to the dynamics of the industry.
- The company operates from regional offices in Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States and has a network of local representatives around the world.
About Saudi Airlines Cargo
- Saudi Airlines Cargo operates a dedicated freighter fleet consisting of B747-400F, MD-11F & Airbus A310-300F aircraft offering both nose and side loading capabilities to accommodate all types and sizes of cargo. The company also offers freight capacity on its passenger flights.
- The global network of Saudi Airlines Cargo encompasses over 225 international destinations across Asia, Africa, Europe and the USA as well as 26 domestic destinations.
- Strategically located in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the company is effectively positioned to provide a bridge between East and West, giving increased flexibility to move cargo with minimal ground handling time.
Notes to Editors
OAG Cargo UK Press Office
SOURCE OAG Cargo