Obama-Romney Campaigns Send Americans Packing; Merida Real Estate Waits with Open Arms
MERIDA, Mexico, Aug. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Americans go to the polls on Tuesday, November 6, 2012. On Wednesday, November 7th, a few million U.S. Conservatives or Progressives will be formulating their plans to relocate.
Do you remember a time when Americans have been more fundamentally, rancorously and bitterly divided about the government of their country?
The next 10 weeks are going to be legendary. The most money ever spent to influence an election - anywhere, ever - in the history of politics, is unfolding in real time.
Either way, no matter who wins - there will be millions of lugubrious, malcontent and exasperated Americans who will want out! Some may go to Canada. It's pretty cold in Canada. Europe? We doubt it.
By far, the majority will come to Mexico.
1. The number-one retirement destination in the world is Mexico. Over 2,000,000 U.S. and Canadian property owners are currently invested here.
2. Conservative estimates of Americans and Canadians who will purchase property in Mexico in the next 10-15 years is well over 5,000,000. http://www.mexicoonline.com/blogs/1/184/everyone-living-in-mexico-should
3. The U.S. economy will dramatically begin to see improvement after the election. Global Banks and Financial Institutions, Oil & Gas and Multi-national Corporations will know they will either:
A. Be operating in a slightly more regulated environment.
B. The new administration will return to unbridled capitalism.
Either way, a mountain of cash is sitting on the sidelines and has to get back in the game. Mexico is well positioned to enjoy sustainable growth in this growing economic environment: http://mexintl.com/blog/beaches/world-leaders-meet-in-a-mexico-now-giving-brazil-a-run-for-its-money.html -
4. Health Care. Mexico is building over 56 "State-of-the-Art hospitals" to keep up with the demand for reasonably priced Health Care. Carlos Slim , the world's richest man, who recently leant $250 million to The New York Times, is a major investor in Health Care. Mr. Slim makes good bets.
5. Location. Most Americans have family and investments in the USA. Being reasonably close to both is important. The cost of travel is also a major consideration. Seen the price of airfares lately?
6. Safety. Despite the fear mongering and the threat that exists near the U.S. border, smart Americans and Canadians are learning about the safety of places like Yucatan and Merida. See CNN's recent article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/05/06/opinion.mexico.travel/index.html?hpt=Sbin -
7. Cost of living. While everything isn't cheap, most of the Big Ticket items are much less expensive in Mexico: Insurance, Auto repairs, Real Estate Taxes, Domestic help, Construction, Health Care, Transportation and Entertainment.
8. Community. Cities, like Merida have thriving Expat Communities that mingle and blend with the locals. Restaurants, bars, libraries, businesses, community fund-raising events, concerts, dances, poker parties, biking, sailing, running, swimming, yoga, reading, diving, snorkeling, rowing, and golfing enthusiasts abound! http://www.cntraveler.com/food/2012/07/merida-yucatan-mexico-where-to-stay-hotels-restaurants-galleries-sights - slide=1
9. Climate. Tropical living is outdoor living - year round. It does get hot but people acclimate. Gardening, entertaining on the patio and people watching are year-round activities.
10. Life. Markets. Street Cafes. Restaurants. Clubs. Virgin Beaches. Cenotes. Ruins. Abandoned Haciendas. Restored Haciendas. Mexican Cuisine. The Maya. Antiques. Art Openings. Opera. Symphony. Recitals. Architecture. The Exotic. http://www.cntraveler.com/food/2012/07/merida-yucatan-mexico-food-hotels-art-mayan-ruins
11. Peace and Quiet. Surprisingly, you can live in Merida's bustling Central Historic District and still enjoy peace and quiet in your interior courtyard or rooftop patio.
There are 10 weeks for bargain shopping before the Americans get here.
Like to get a great, non-pressure tour of Yucatan? http://www.igoyucatan.com/
For more information on trends and opportunities in the Merida Real Estate Market: http://www.ereleases.com/pr/author/mexico-international-real-estate
See our Merida, Yucatan, Mexico videos, blogs, Facebook page or follow us on Twitter: http://mexintl.com/
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Mexico International Real Estate
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.