BOSTON, April 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- ObserveIT, the leading insider threat monitoring and analytics solution provider with more than 1,500 customers around the world, today unveiled new actionable analytics and the ability to proactively block risky, out-of-policy activities by insiders giving security and IT teams powerful weapons in the fight to make their organizations more secure. With the innovations now available in ObserveIT 7.0, the company continues its leadership in enabling its customers to ensure privileged users, vendors, consultants and business users do not act in negligent or malicious ways that put their businesses at risk.
"We began using ObserveIT in order to become PCI compliant, but the protections we now have extend far beyond regulatory compliance. We have the visibility we need, in real-time, to make sure our organization is secure from within," said Bhuvnesh Khosla, Security Engineer at AAA. "Not only is ObserveIT a phenomenal solution with outstanding monitoring, analytics and UI – it was one of the easiest installs ever. This should be in every security team's arsenal."
Whether intentional or unintentional, every insider on the network, from privileged users to 3rd party vendors, consultants and business users, presents a threat. ObserveIT identifies and eliminates these insider threats with real-time detection, deterrence, education, discretionary prevention and precise visibility into all user actions with its industry-leading analytics, rich metadata and video playback capabilities. This insight not only reduces security incidents, it also speeds investigations from weeks or months to minutes and, especially with ObserveIT's ability to anonymize users, helps organizations comply with PCI, SOX, HIPAA, NISPOM, GDPR and other compliance requirements.
Leading global research and advisory firm Forrester, in its recent TechRadar™ Endpoint Security, Q1 2017 report authored by senior analyst Chris Sherman, examined the importance of user analytics, "Buyer feedback for user behavior monitoring and analytics is very positive, and there are strong signs of growth. Since most end point security products focus on correlating end point behavior / process data to devices rather than specific users, user behavior monitoring & analytics fills a gap present with most organizations' end point security stack."i
New Features and Capabilities Available in ObserveIT 7.0 include:
- New Actionable Analytics Based on User Activity Profiles: Security teams can now quickly and easily detect and investigate unusual and out-of-policy actions:
- Baseline profiles of users, including when, from where and how long they spend in applications and devices can be dynamically filtered, giving organizations the ability to see security incidents in the context of the users' normal activity, and identify and investigate anomalous and/or risky behavior accordingly.
- Analytics Now Extend to Key-Logging Alerts: ObserveIT 7.0 enables security teams to detect sensitive keywords and commands typed into desktop applications, websites and shell command tools.
- With this enhancement, organizations can identify and investigate data exfiltration attempts by users entering protected keywords in emails, chat applications, social media sites and more. Additionally, security teams can choose to enable or disable user alerts when out-of-policy actions are in process, giving their organizations flexibility in how they investigate and respond to high-risk activity.
- Instant Prevention of Breaches in Security: ObserveIT 7.0 gives security teams the ability – in real-time – to detect and block activities that violate policies or put organizations at risk.
- When privileged users, consultants, vendors or business users violate security protocols, organizations can choose to force users to log-off or close applications or websites involved with the unauthorized activity. This prevents malicious behavior including improper access to computers and servers, activity during irregular hours, access from unauthorized client machines or IP addresses and more. Security teams also have the option to give users the opportunity to provide feedback during the process that can explain the activity and help improve security policies.
- Enhanced User Experience: ObserveIT 7.0 also provides an improved dashboard and user interface that delivers an intuitive experience, making the solution even easier to use.
"ObserveIT's 7.0 release provides a direct response to many of our customers' current pain points and requests, particularly enhancements such as the new preventive actions for Windows-based endpoints, additional pre-defined alerts and the new User Behavior Analytics features," said Kris Kormany, Cybersecurity Consultant for ObserveIT partner IBV. "Additionally, the redesigned, manager dashboard is very user-friendly and makes it even easier to detect risky user behavior. We have many customers who depend on ObserveIT daily to comply with mandatory regulations such as PCI-DSS and the new GDPR, and this new release will definitely make it simpler and faster for them to achieve their needs."
"Unfortunately, security threats are a fact of business life. It's also a fact that the biggest security risk to organizations is from employees and vendors who inadvertently or maliciously violate security policies – which is why the demand for insider threat solutions is higher than ever before," explained ObserveIT CEO Mike McKee. "As a clear industry leader committed to continuously innovating for our customers, I'm proud to say that our new actionable analytics and proactive prevention capabilities make ObserveIT 7.0 the most powerful and easy to use insider threat solution on the market today."
For a free trial of ObserveIT with its latest innovations, visit here.
To register for a free educational webinar on ObserveIT 7.0 visit here.
ObserveIT is the leading Insider Threat Monitoring and Analytics solution with more than 1,500 customers across 87 countries. ObserveIT identifies and eliminates insider threats by having "eyes on the endpoint" and continuously monitoring user behavior and alerting security and IT teams about activities that put organizations at risk. With full video capture, 180 out-of-the-box insider threat rules, outstanding search capability and playback of any policy violation, ObserveIT provides comprehensive visibility into what people – contractors, privileged users and high risk users – are doing, and reduces investigation time from days to minutes. For more information visit: www.observeit.com.
ObserveIT Media Contact:
email@example.com or 617-331-3567
i TechRadar™ Endpoint Security, Q1 2017, Forrester Research, Inc., January 27, 2017.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/observeit-accelerates-insider-threat-detection-and-prevention-with-new-actionable-analytics-and-user-activity-profiling-to-thwart-threats-from-within-300441756.html