Ocean Spray and Special Guest Martha Stewart Serve-up More than Cranberries at Rockefeller Center® Bog New York City Youth to Dine at 50 foot-long Kids' Table Inside Cranberry Bog
LAKEVILLE-MIDDLEBORO, Mass., Oct. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Forty-five lucky kids from New York public schools will suit-up for the meal of a lifetime inside Ocean Spray's Big Apple Bog at Rockefeller Center®, Tuesday, Oct. 19. The local students will join culinary maestro Martha Stewart, host of "The Martha Stewart Show" on Hallmark Channel, at a 50-foot-long Thanksgiving kids' table surrounded by more than 2,000 lbs of floating cranberries. Children will be treated to an array of fun, fall-themed crafts and kid-friendly Thanksgiving dishes prepared using Martha Stewart recipes available on www.marthastewart.com.
A staple on America's Thanksgiving tables for more than 80 years, Ocean Spray is hosting the event with special guest Martha Stewart to kick-off the cooperative's "Families Feeding Families" campaign in partnership with Share Our Strength® to raise awareness about childhood hunger in America.
The event is held in conjunction with Ocean Spray's 6th annual Big Apple Bog. The cooperative will recreate the beauty of a cranberry harvest by transforming Rockefeller Center® into a sea of cranberries with its 1,500-square-foot, free-standing cranberry bog. Inside, third, fourth and fifth-generation cranberry growers will demonstrate the harvest process and talk about the taste, health and heritage of the cranberry, one of only three major fruits native to North America.
The exhibit is free and open to the public. For more information, visit www.oceanspray.com.
Schedule of Events
WHEN: Oct. 19, 20, 21
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- 2 – 5 p.m., preview 50-foot-long kids' table in a cranberry bog
- 3 – 5 p.m., local youth dine at kids' table inside the bog
- 4 – 5 p.m., live taping of "The Martha Stewart Show"
Wednesday, Oct. 20
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., meet the comical characters from Ocean Spray's ads
WHERE: 30 Rockefeller Plaza, between 49th and 50th Streets and 5th and 6th Avenues, Manhattan
- Martha Stewart and 45 New York City youth dining inside a cranberry bog at a 50-foot-long Thanksgiving kids' table
- On-site interviews with Ocean Spray cranberry growers who will share their personal stories, history of the cooperative and detail the harvesting process
- On-site interviews with Share Our Strength's® Managing Director Patricia Nicklin
- Spectacular visuals for live-remotes/weather/broadcasts
- Sampling of Ocean Spray's latest products
SOURCE Ocean Spray