MENLO PARK, Calif., April 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Are support staff at work receiving the recognition they deserve? Administrative Professionals Day (April 23) and Administrative Professionals Week (April 20-26) provide a special opportunity to say thanks to these employees for everything they do to keep the office running smoothly.
OfficeTeam, a leading staffing service specializing in the placement of highly skilled administrative professionals, offers five ideas for acknowledging employees during Administrative Professionals Week and beyond:
- Recognize the work of administrative professionals at a staff meeting or in the company newsletter.
- Offer tuition reimbursement so workers can take external courses to expand their skills and knowledge
- Take your administrative employees to lunch to discuss their career goals, as well as department objectives.
- Encourage support staff to become active in professional associations and reimburse them for membership dues.
- Share a message sent by a customer or other stakeholder lauding the work of an administrative team member.
"Administrative personnel are often unsung heroes in the workplace even though their contributions benefit nearly every department and team," said Robert Hosking, executive director of OfficeTeam. "During Administrative Professionals Week and year-round, support staff deserve recognition for their many accomplishments."
For additional ways to show your appreciation of administrative professionals and other employees, download 30 Creative Ideas for Boosting Morale and Retention, a complimentary tip sheet available at officeteam.com/recognition-ideas.
In celebration of Administrative Professionals Week, OfficeTeam is hosting a Facebook photo contest to recognize exceptional administrative professionals for their outstanding work. To learn more about the OfficeTeam Superhero Contest or submit a nomination by April 23, 2014, visit bit.ly/1jZiVb0.
OfficeTeam also is offering a free webinar, "How to Become a Virtually Indispensable Administrative Professional," on Tuesday, April 22, at 11 a.m. PDT. It will provide advice on how workers can add value at their companies and become workplace MVPs. Individuals can register for the event at bit.ly/1eoQrQ3.
OfficeTeam is the nation's leading staffing service specializing in the temporary placement of highly skilled office and administrative support professionals. The company has more than 300 locations worldwide. More information, including online job search services and the OfficeTeam Take Note blog (blog.officeteam.com), can be found at officeteam.com.