PLANO, Texas, Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GENBAND™, a leading provider of real-time communications solutions today announced that Oi, Brazil's major provider of telecommunications services, has deployed GENBAND's Session Border Controllers (SBCs) solutions nationwide to lower costs and improve efficiencies as it transitions call centers throughout the country to Internet Protocol (IP)-based technology.
Oi will leverage both GENBAND's flexible IP-based technology and its robust partner ecosystem to offer its customers on-demand access to customer service representatives, thereby delivering a superior experience. The company is also gaining a more cost-effective model for handling seasonal events, product launches and other campaigns. GENBAND's market-leading SBCs deliver advanced session management capabilities, enhanced monitoring and security, simplified interoperability and carrier-grade reliability, enabling Oi to seamlessly interact with its customers and partner ecosystem. Additionally, Oi will realize significant cost savings through GENBAND's unique Network Wide Licensing model.
"We needed a highly scalable, interoperable solution that would allow us to fully govern our call centers across the nation, and provide us with end-to-end call center monitoring capabilities as we upgrade our call center technology to IP and change our business model to better serve our customers," said Alexandre Theodoro, Customer Relationship Senior Manager from Oi. "GENBAND's advanced SBCs enable us to dramatically improve call routing and control and immediately ramp-up or down based on customer demand, while eliminating the time-consuming procurement and provisioning process. Their extensive experience in IP interconnect deployments with some of the largest service providers in the world along with their Network Wide Licensing model really separated GENBAND from the competition and made them the clear choice."
"Having the ability to optimize and control call sessions and the flexibility to acquire additional call center seats on demand, allows Oi to deliver their customers a superior communications experience, while dramatically reducing costs," added John Ryan, GENBAND's Senior Vice President of Sales for the Americas. "This deployment helps to further strengthen our long-term relationship with Oi and highlights GENBAND's superior capabilities in serving Brazil's growing contact center market."
GENBAND's SBC Differentiators:
- Powerful adaptive call routing providing intelligent feedback and dynamic modification of rules and call routing behavior.
- Extensive interoperability experience with large number of service providers and enterprise PBXs helps launch services faster.
- Unmatched real time session visibility to monitor, analyze, report, and enforce network-wide quality and performance.
- Network-wide licensing across multiple instances of SBCs for significantly lower total cost of ownership.
- Oi needed an advanced SBC solution that would accommodate the transition of its call centers nationwide to IP-based technology and provide the organization more control and monitoring capabilities as it adopted the use of crowdsourcing customer service to better meet customer demand.
- Oi selected GENBAND's market-leading Session Border Controllers because of its experience in global IP interconnect deployments, its proven carrier grade reliability, and the ability to reduce total cost of ownership through GENBAND's unique Network Wide Licensing model.
- GENBAND's SBC solutions also offer Oi advanced session management capabilities, enhanced security, simplified interoperability and carrier grade reliability.
- By having the ability to immediately respond to customer demands during peak periods, special events or natural disasters Oi can better serve its rapidly growing subscriber base.
Oi is the top provider of telecommunication services in Brazil and the only truly integrated company with a nationwide presence. The Company's social purpose is to offer telecommunications services and activities necessary or useful to the execution of these services, operating in compliance with the concessions, authorizations and permits granted. The company's portfolio includes Mobile & Fixed telephony services, transport network and international Backbone services, data transmission and Pay TV. As a result, the company offers a wide variety of services. Moreover, aiming at increasing the coverage of its portfolio and based on the strategic differential arising from the convergence, in late 2011 the company changed the way it conducts its business, now adopting an approach segmented by client (Residential, Business/Corporate and Personal Mobility) and no longer by product. Supported by this new vision, at the end of 2014 Oi had 74.5 million clients. For more information visit www.oi.com.br.
GENBAND, a 2015 CNBC Disruptor 50, is a global leader in real-time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. Kandy, its award-winning, disruptive real-time communications software development platform, is built from the company's global telecommunications network and security technologies. The platform enables these companies to easily embed a full suite of voice, video, chat, screen-sharing and collaboration capabilities into their existing business, web and mobile applications. The company's Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND's market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today's consumers and businesses for real-time communications wherever they happen to be. To learn more visit genband.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.