LONDON, Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The oligonucleotide synthesis market is poised to reach USD 1,918.6 million by 2020 from USD 1,078.1 million in 2015, growing at a CAGR of 10.1% from 2015 to 2020. This market is categorized on the basis of products and services, applications, end users, and regions.
Major factors contributing to the growth of the global oligonucleotide synthesis market include increasing R&D expenses in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, rising demand for synthesized oligonucleotides due to the growing field of molecular diagnostics, increasing government investments to develop genomic technologies, rising venture capital investments, and increasing demand for synthetic genes.
The increasing applications of oligonucleotides in nucleic acid array-based technologies, library preparations, next-generation sequencing (NGS), genomics, nucleic acid-base detections, cell cultures, diagnostics, therapeutics, human identity testing, cloning, genetic engineering, and synthetic biology also play a vital role in the development of this market. However, price erosion and lack of regulations for therapeutic oligonucleotides could hinder the growth of this market.
North America commands the largest share of the global oligonucleotide synthesis market in 2015 and is expected to witness the second-highest growth rate from 2015 to 2020. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2014, chronic diseases accounted for 7 out of 10 deaths and 86% of healthcare costs in the U.S. It was reported that ~50% of Americans suffer from at least one chronic disease. Considering the potential of oligonucleotides (therapeutic oligonucleotides) in the treatment of chronic diseases, the oligonucleotide synthesis market is expected to flourish in the coming years, provided these drugs get rapid market approvals.
Apart from the comprehensive regional analysis, product analysis, and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years.
In addition, the company profiles comprise basic views on key players and their product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted. The above-mentioned market research data, current market sizes, and forecast of future trends will help key players and new entrants make informed decisions regarding product offerings, geographical focus, and change in strategic approach; R&D investments; and levels of output in order to remain successful.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the oligonucleotide synthesis market. The report analyzes the oligonucleotide synthesis market by products and services, application, end user, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the oligonucleotide synthesis market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market strategies, market shares, regional and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the oligonucleotide synthesis market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the market for oligonucleotide synthesis across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the oligonucleotide synthesis market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3431179/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers