CENTER VALLEY, Pa., Oct. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Olympus, a global technology leader in designing and delivering innovative solutions for medical and surgical procedures, among other core businesses, announced today that at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) conference in Las Vegas, Nev., October 14-19, the company will be showcasing its progress in broadening its scope beyond capital equipment and visualization into the medical devices for EndoTherapy.
At the show, visitors can learn about these Olympus milestones in medical devices for EndoTherapy:
- The addition of more than 10 new products to the EndoTherapy line-up in the last two years, now having been used in tens of thousands of procedures and representing an expanding portfolio of innovative products in the following specialty areas:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreatography (ERCP): StoneMasterV™ single use balloon dilator (with knife), CleverCut 3V™ Distal Wireguided sphincterotome, GLIDEWIRE® guidewire
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS): EZShot 3 Plus™ single-use aspiration needle
- Hemostasis: The NeedleMaster single-use injection needle, Coagrasper™ single-use hemostatic forceps device, and QuickClip Pro™ single-use hemostasis clip
- Accessories: Cleaning Brush and PolypTraps, both CatchemTM and Wide-EyeTM models
- GI Dilation: EZDilate™ balloon dilator, which represents Olympus' entry into this market
- Colonoscopy: The ENDOCUFF VISION® single-use visualization improvement device
- Respiratory: The ViziShot FLEX Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration (EBUS TBNA) device
- Recognition from the Vizient Innovative Technology Program, which designated Innovative Technology Awards for the company's QuickClip Pro™ endoscopic clip.
- The dedication of an Olympus sales management team to the growth of the EndoTherapy business.
- New distribution agreements surrounding important EndoTherapy products including the ARC Medical ENDOCUFF VISION® and WIDE-EYE™ polyp traps, and Terumo GLIDEWIRE®,
"With certainty we can look back on 2015 and 2016 as the years that Olympus made an official expansion from leadership primarily in capital equipment to also being an established leader in EndoTherapy devices," said Kurt Heine, Group Vice President, Endoscopy Division at Olympus America Inc. "The company has been on the forefront of EndoTherapy innovations for years, which have furthered the healthcare industry's progress toward Triple Aim goals of the Affordable Care Act, of improving patient outcomes, reducing costs and improving patient satisfaction."
High-volume procedures requiring the use of GI endoscopy devices – such as colonoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) and biopsy – will be primary drivers of the U.S. GI endoscopy device market, which was valued at approximately $2.3 billion in 2014 and forecasted for moderate growth, according to the Millennium Research Group.
"With the Affordable Care Act financially incentivizing healthcare providers for improved outcomes, leading vendors in this space have had to offer more than just capital equipment to address more of a service line. Olympus has expanded their offering to a large line of instruments, consumables, and leading-edge ablation technologies. All of this has allowed providers to simplify their purchasing processes through standardization and to take advantage of consumable financing agreements," added James Laskaris, EE, BME, Clinical Analyst, MD Buyline.
The Olympus innovations and more will be showcased at ACG Olympus booth 316. For more information please call 1-800-848-9024 or visit us at http://medical.olympusamerica.com.
About Olympus Medical Systems Group
Olympus Medical Systems Group, a division of global technology leader Olympus, develops solutions for healthcare professionals that help improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs and enhance quality of life for their patients. By enabling less invasive procedures, innovative diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, and early stage lung cancer evaluation and treatments, Olympus is transforming the future of healthcare. For more information visit Olympus at www.medical.olympusamerica.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/olympus-showcases-advancements-and-milestones-in-endotherapy-at-acg-300344275.html
SOURCE Olympus Medical Systems Group