OMAHA, Neb., May 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Omaha Steaks today announced the launch of its Steak Time App for the Android. Steak Time for Android capitalizes on the strengths of the original app designed for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. This new Android version offers the user features like an informational "Steak 101" section, complete with how-to videos, tips for perfect grilling, steak facts and hundreds of delicious, shareable steak recipes. As with the original Steak Time App, the 'Grill Timer' is the highlight feature of the Android version, enabling users to create a personalized steak timer setting for everyone on their guest list. Other key features include:
- Universal timer which allows users to set food preparation timers directly from within recipes and view active times from anywhere in the app.
- 'Buy Now' buttons that appear in a user's grocery list, allowing them to purchase Omaha Steaks products.
- Ability to browse the Omaha Steaks store from within the app.
- Conversation card feature that provides a host of interesting facts and questions to help liven up the dinner discussion.
- Social media integration allowing users to share recipes and tips with their friends on Facebook and Twitter.
The Steak Time App is available for free from the Android Market at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.omahasteaks .
About Omaha Steaks
Omaha Steaks, founded in 1917, is an Omaha, Nebraska-based, fifth-generation, family-owned company that markets and distributes a wide variety of the finest quality USDA-approved, grain fed beef and gourmet foods. Today, Omaha Steaks is recognized as the nation's largest direct response marketer of premium beef, available to customers by calling 1-800-960-8400, online at www.OmahaSteaks.com or at retail stores nationwide.
SOURCE Omaha Steaks