Omnicom Agencies Showcase New Digital Technologies And Trends At SXSW® Interactive And Music Festival 2013
NEW YORK, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Can ad agencies and brands humanize technology? What does it take to attract marketing dollars as the next hot start-up? How can recent digital advances reinvent the live sports experience? Is social media a tool for advertisers or PR? These are just a few of the many topics and innovations that Omnicom's marketing agencies will be addressing, along with partners, at the South by Southwest Interactive and Music Conferences, March 8-17 in Austin, Texas.
"SXSW is a great conference to showcase the intersection between creativity and technology which is critical to our business in the post-digital era, " said Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital. "From Shopper Marketing to CRM to PR to Advertising to Media and across all disciplines, our agencies at SXSW are demonstrating the latest innovations and thought leadership as we leverage new digital mediums and technologies to better service our clients."
Omnicom Agencies will host a number of events and product showcases including the following:
- RAPP's hosting the TechZulu Trend Lounge, engaging industry leaders on the latest trends in technology, as well as debuting their new platform PopTag.me: March 8-11, Eighteenth Over Austin at the Hilton Garden
- Fleishman Hillard is sponsoring a "Black box Lounge" to engage attendees on the latest conversation coming out of SXSW, as well as experience their real-time marketing 'black box' nerve center in action: March 8, 9 & 12, Four Seasons, Stone's Crossing
- "Fireside Chat" on how SXSW trends will change customer experiences today and in the future: Saturday, March 9, 3:30-4:30 pm, Eighteenth Over Austin at the Hilton Garden, Zihla Salinas, RAPP
- Digital Teleportation Meet Up, Sunday, March 10, 12:30 pm, Empire, Ben Thoma, GSD&M
- "Sorry, Your Brand Voice Doesn't Speak to Me," Sunday, March 10, 2:30, Hilton Garden Inn, Tiffany Warren, Omnicom, Ayeshia Toy, GSD&M and other industry experts.
- Can Ad Agencies & Brands Humanize Technology?: Sunday, March 10, 3:30 pm, Four Seasons, San Jancinto Ballroom – Simon Bond, BBDO and other industry experts
- When DIY Diets Go Digital (SXSWiCore Conversation): Sunday, March 10, 3:30-4:30 pm, Sheraton Austin, Jazmin Correa, RAPP
- The Commoditization of Overnight Entrepreneurship Sunday, March 10, 5:00 pm, Hilton Austin Downtown, Salon ABC, Seth Friedman, Tribal DDB Worldwide and other industry experts
- Using your online network to get a job #IRL, Monday, March 11, 2:30 pm, Courtyard Marriott, Jocelyn S. Lai,GSD&M and Justin Gignac, Co-founder of WorkingNotWorking.com
- OMD is Hosting a Reception for Digital Start-Ups and VC's: Monday, March 11, 12 – 3 pm
- How Dungeons & Dragons Prepared Me for UX: Monday, March 11, 9:30 (Workshop Session), AT&T Conference Center, Classroom 105, Vincent Higgins, Tribal DDB Worldwide
- Confessions of a Community Moderator: Monday, March 11, 5 pm, Sheraton Austin, Chris Gokiert, Critical Mass and other industry experts
- Integrating Digital Into the Live Game Experience: Tuesday, March 12, 11 am, Hyatt Regency Austin, Texas Ballroom, Michael Cole, Tribal DDB Worldwide and other industry experts
- Warhol Goes Social: Creativity in the Tech Age: Tuesday, March 12, 3:30 pm, Sheraton Austin, Christiaan Welzel, Critical Mass
- The New Vibrant Ecosystem of Brands + Music: Wednesday, March 13, 12:30 pm, Austin Convention Center, Room 17A, Eric Johnson, DDB Chicago and other industry experts
- Lastly, with so many events at SXSW competing for attention, Organic is sending a team of 10 on an innovation scavenger hunt. The goal? A competition to identify and appropriate the technological trends that we'll be working with in the year ahead.
About Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE-OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com
SOURCE Omnicom Group Inc.