Omnicom Recognized at the AAF Diversity Achievement and Mosaic Awards During 10th Annual Advertising Week Omnicom Agencies Showcase Talent and Thought Leadership during the Weeklong Event (Sept. 23 - 26th)
NEW YORK, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom announced today that John Wren, President and Chief Executive, will be honored as a pioneer and supporter of Diversity by the American Advertising Federation (AAF) during the Advertising Week conference in New York. In addition, DDB/Alma will take home the title of 'Agency of the Year' and their founder, Luis Miguel Messianu, will be recognized as 'Diversity Trendsetter'. The AAF Diversity Achievement and Mosaic awards recognizes the most successful multiethnic marketing and diversity efforts, as well as industry leaders who are committed to the cause of diversity and inclusion.
"We are honored to be recognized for our efforts in diversity," said Tiffany R. Warren, SVP and Chief Diversity Officer, Omnicom. "Omnicom is committed to supporting diversity, not only because of the amazing talent that it gives our agencies and clients, but also because there is a true business case for it."
Omnicom agencies will also lead a record number of seminars, host workshops, and showcase their creativity and award-winning campaigns during the 10th Annual Advertising Week.
- BBDO NY's Managing Director Kirsten Flanik will take part in a conversation on Lean In and will be joined by Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook. Other events featuring BBDO executives include a Q&A discussion about PETA's unconventional, enduring presence in pop culture (with BBDO ECD Toygar Bazarkaya) and "How Well Do You Know Your Other Half," a discussion of advertising as a business of people and relationships (with BBDO EVP Emma Armstrong)
- A founding partner of Advertising Week, DDB is sponsoring GeneratioNext. Other highlights include: a session on the future of brand advertising and mobile (DDB's CCO Amir Kassei); "Unlocking Client Creativity" with President and CEO, Peter Hempel and Sparks & Honey CEO, Terry Young.
- GSD&M's President Marianne Malina and DDB's CFO Brian Quirke are participating on a "4'As Competitive Series" panel with NBA All-Star Charles Barkley. The annual "Creative Carousel" conversation will also feature DDB NY CCO Matt Eastwood and GSD&M's ECD, Jay Russell.
- LatinWorks: Sergio Alcocer, President and CCO, will address "Total Market: From Ethnicity to Culture".
- OMD's Director of Mobile Joao Machado will explore how agencies, publishers, and brands are adjusting to the phenomenon of Citizen Mobile. The World's Oldest Start Ups features Laura Correnti, OMD's Group Digital Director and the rise of Smart TV will include Jeff Minski, OMD Ignition.
- PHD's President and CDO, Craig Atkinson, and Worldwide Strategy and Planning Director, Mark Holden will host a panel on the "Future of Work is Play in the Engagement Economy." Chad Dick, Partner, eatbigfish, will explore challenger brands with the Guardian and Warby Walker
- TBWA will lead Marketing Secrets of the Stones featuring the legendary Rolling Stones producer Andrew Loog Oldham and TBWA's Global Creative President, Rob Schwartz. The New Narrators, featuring Tom Carroll, President & CEO, will explore the new narrative for the future of advertising.
- "The New Mainstream: How to Profit from Losing Control," will be hosted by Karl Heiselman, CEO of Wolff Olins and CEO, Kirsty Fuller, Flamingo.
About Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE-OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com
SOURCE Omnicom Group Inc.