OMRON brings innovation to manufacturing sites through automation with "integrated," "intelligent" and "interactive" concepts. Sysmac makes production sites "integrated" and "intelligent" by creating a variety of application functionalities with software. OMRON has delivered solutions to improve production processes by leveraging our expertise in advanced fine-tuning control that has been gained through the NJ/NX Series used for state-of-the-art large-scale equipment and next-generation equipment. The entry-level Machine Automation Controller NX1P allows these solutions to be applied to small and middle-sized production machines.
In today's manufacturing environment, demand for the stable and efficient production of high-quality products is increasing because the trend toward high-mix low-volume production and optimally located production is accelerating on a global scale. In order to increase processing speed and accuracy and to use production data for predictive maintenance, equipment manufacturers need to add advanced and smart functionalities to small and middle-size production machines as well as state-of-the-art production equipment. To meet their needs, the NX1P provides both advanced motion control and a network environment for IoT at production sites, applying know-how in advanced fine-tuning control to small and middle-size machines.
(1) Advanced motion control
- The NX1P comes equipped with the built-in EtherCAT port and controls up to eight servo systems. Motion control for up to four synchronized axes increases machine speed and precision.
- Electronic cam functions for continuous and high-speed machine operation and interpolation for precise machining improve productivity and manufacturing quality.
(2) Networks for IoT at production sites
- Data can be collected from devices via EtherCAT and IO-Link for high value-added manufacturing.
- The NX1P can monitor sensor data through the IO-Link master unit to reduce downtime by detecting errors and to perform predictive maintenance by monitoring status.
- EtherCAT connects I/O devices, motion devices, vision systems, and safety controllers with a single cable. Machine information can be checked by monitoring the status of the connected components.
- EtherNet/IP enables data sharing with a host PC and between controllers on different machines.
(3) High-performance and easy-to-use all-in-one compact controller
- LD instruction execution time is 3.3 ns -- the fastest in its class (*2).
- The built-in EtherCAT master functionality allows the NX1P CPU Unit to perform high-speed motion control and remote I/O control.
- Sequence control and motion control are integrated in one controller. The built-in position control functionality reduces not only loss of communication time between the CPU unit and position control unit but also complexity of communication settings between the units.
- The NX1P conforms to the IEC 61131-3 standard programming and PLCopen (R) Function Blocks for motion control. Programming with variables allows users to create complex programs efficiently. All instructions used for the NX7/NJ5/NJ3/NJ1 can be used for the NX1P, which cuts programming time.
- The Push-In Plus terminals used for the CPU unit and NX I/O Units save wiring time.
- The NX1P retains user programs, set values, and variables during power interruption in the built-in non-volatile memory. No battery, no maintenance.
(*1) Sysmac automation platform:
OMRON's integrated automation platform is dedicated to providing complete control and management of an automation plant under one software. Programming based on global standards and global open networks allows for building the globally standardized system. At the core of this platform, the machine controller series offers synchronous control of all machine devices and advanced functionality such as motion, robotics and database connectivity. This multidisciplinary concept allows you to simplify solution architecture, reduce programming and optimize productivity.
(*2) 30 times faster than the all-in-one compact PLC CP1H (compared with OMRON's previous model). (OMRON survey as of September 2016)
(Main specifications: http://prw.kyodonews.jp/prwfile/release/M102197/201609274717/_prw_OA1fl_2Jm0orTc.pdf)
About OMRON Corporation
OMRON Corporation, based in Kyoto, western Japan, is a global leader in the field of automation based on its core technology of sensing and control. OMRON's business fields cover a broad spectrum, ranging from industrial automation and electronic components to automotive electronic components, social infrastructure systems, healthcare, and environmental solutions. Established in 1933, OMRON has over 38,000 employees worldwide, working to provide products and services in more than 110 countries and regions. In the field of industrial automation, OMRON supports manufacturing innovation by providing advanced automation technologies and products, as well as through extensive customer support, in order to help create a better society. For more information, visit OMRON's website at: http://www.omron.com/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omron-to-globally-release-entry-level-controller-nx1p-which-makes-small-midsize-production-machine-more-productive-and-smarter-300336239.html
SOURCE OMRON Corporation