DALLAS, May 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The patio season has officially started at On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina® restaurants, who have announced the return of their popular summer seasonal Watermelon Margarita as well as an all-new Cantina Cocktail Menu.
"This is one of our favorite times of year to simply kick back, relax, and treat yourself to a great-tasting drink with friends," said Ashley Zickefoose, Chief Marketing Officer for On The Border. "This year, we've got more choices than ever for celebrating the tastes and spirit of being on the Patio."
The Cantina Menu includes several new or updated cocktails. Unique only-at-OTB Margaritas now include:
- The Fresh Lime Skinny: a 100% natural margarita option made with only tequila, fresh lime juice, and lightly sweetened with agave nectar.
- 1800 Mercedes: a top-shelf choice that blends the smoothness of 1800 Reposado Tequila with the juicy flavor of orange with Grand Marnier and a fresh citrus mix of lime juice and orange juice.
- The Green Apple Glacier: a one-of-a-kind margarita that combines the tart sweetness of green apple with the unforgettable zing of an oversized ginger cherry ice cube "glacier" that slowly imparts additional flavor as it melts into the drink.
- Those eager to get in the fiesta mood without tequila will be excited to try one of four new Mexican and tropically inspired favorites:
- Poncho Punch: a fruity kicked up version of classic rum punch with bright citrus notes
- Cuba Libre: a classic rum & cola concoction served on the rocks
- Padre Island Tea: a sunnier, more fruit-focused version of a Long Island Ice Tea
- Limeade Fresca: vodka and fresh lime come together with a crisp, cooling taste sure to satisfy
Of course, the highlight of the summer is the Watermelon Margarita, which is made with ripe watermelon, pureed fresh to release its crisp, refreshing, sweetness and added to a classic margarita recipe for a warm-weather cocktail fans race to when it comes back each May. This year, Watermelon Margaritas at On The Border will be available through Labor Day at regular menu prices, or, guests can visit their favorite OTB Patio any Thursday for $4 Watermelon Margaritas, all day, at participating locations. Guests can also go Grande with their Watermelon Margaritas for $1 more, or $2 more to make it a Watermelon Coronarita. Those who enjoy bringing the fiesta home with On The Border Catering and To Go can choose Canteens of Watermelon Margarita Mix to go with their orders from now until September 4th.
All other Cantina Menu favorites will be available at regular menu prices throughout the summer, but will then continue through Autumn and beyond as permanent Cantina additions.
"Having the perfect cocktail is central to this this summer's OTB Patio experience – Patio Vida," Zickefoose continued. "Patio Vida is that feeling you get when you're just hanging out and enjoying the outdoors. You're sitting with friends and listening to great music – like one of our custom online streaming playlists or at one of several On The Border restaurants that will be hosting occasional live music on Thursdays. Or, you're kicking back with the satisfying taste of Made to Border dishes like sizzling fajitas, hand-rolled enchiladas, or Guacamole Live! It's going to be a great summer, and we're inviting everyone to raise their glasses to toast this awesome time of year."
Price and participation may vary by location. Void where prohibited by law. Dine-in only. Local laws apply regarding the days and times alcohol is available for purchase. Must be 21 or older to drink alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. Other restrictions or exclusions may apply as required by local liquor laws and policies.
About On The Border
On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina is the world's largest Mexican casual dining brand, offering an extensive menu of great-tasting, classic and contemporary Mexican food, like sizzling mesquite-grilled fajitas, and Margaritas as big and bold as the border itself. On The Border is owned by Border Holdings, LLC, with more than 154 restaurants in 32 states, Puerto Rico, Asia and the Middle East. Follow and 'like' On The Border on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OnTheBorderMexicanGrillandCantina, and @OnTheBorder on Twitter. For more information, visit www.ontheborder.com.
Contact: Kim Miller
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/on-the-border-mexican-grill--cantina-kicks-off-summer-with-new-cantina-menu--watermelon-margaritas-300460010.html
SOURCE On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina