WASHINGTON, April 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Lawyers named all five principals of The Employment Law Group® law firm to its 2014 roster of outstanding lawyers, marking the second year in a row that all the firm's principal attorneys have earned the accolade.
Super Lawyers is an independent rating service that honors lawyers "who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement." Its rigorous process includes review by a blue-ribbon panel of attorneys in each practice area.
Super Lawyers recognizes no more than five percent of practicing lawyers each year. On its honor roll for 2014 are:
- R. Scott Oswald (Managing Principal). Mr. Oswald has brought nearly 50 trials to verdict and has recovered more than $90 million in judgments and settlements for his clients. A Top 100 Trial Lawyer, he is the immediate past president of the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association.
- Adam Augustine Carter (Principal). A seasoned courtroom attorney, negotiator, and problem solver, Mr. Carter speaks frequently on legal strategy before groups such as the National Employment Lawyers Association.
- Nicholas Woodfield (Principal). Mr. Woodfield has tried more than 50 trials, recovering millions of dollars for his clients; Washingtonian magazine recently named him to its Top Lawyers list. He is president of the Virginia Employment Lawyers Association.
- David Scher (Principal). A specialist in qui tam, whistleblower, and discrimination claims, Mr. Scher has won important victories including a $57 million False Claims Act settlement. He appears frequently in the national media as an expert on employment law.
- J. Thomas (Tom) Harrington (Principal). Mr. Harrington recently became a principal at the firm; Super Lawyers named him as a 2014 "Rising Star" — its designation for the best up-and-coming lawyers. He works with clients who suffer workplace discrimination and retaliation.
Super Lawyers also featured Subhashini Bollini, an associate at The Employment Law Group, as a Rising Star for the second year in a row. Ms. Bollini represents clients in discrimination, retaliation, and whistleblower claims. She is a board member of the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association.
"Our firm is pleased to be recognized this way for a second year," said Mr. Oswald. "We spent the past 12 months with our heads down, fighting for employees who seek workplace justice. Those clients will always be our highest jury — but we're very proud that, along the way, we have again earned the respect of our peers."
About The Employment Law Group
The Employment Law Group® law firm represents whistleblowers and others who stand up to wrongdoing by employers. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm takes cases nationwide.
More information about The Employment Law Group and its attorneys is available at http://www.EmploymentLawGroup.com.
Media & Communications Strategies
Read more news from The Employment Law Group.
SOURCE The Employment Law Group