One Direction and Sony Pictures Announce Sneak Peek Locations and Special Final Month of Fan Activities for "One Direction: This Is Us"
"One Month of One Direction" Kicks Off With Reveal of Top Markets for Early Screenings and Follows with Thrilling Slate of Fan Activities Including Scavenger Hunts, Listening Parties, Sweepstakes and More!
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Sony Pictures Entertainment (www.SonyPictures.com) and One Direction are excited to announce the initial 50 US markets where fans will be able to see "One Direction: This is Us" (www.1DThisIsUs-Movie.com) three days before it premieres in theaters! Selections were made based on the incredible response to One Direction's announcement last week of the special opportunity for fans to request early screenings of the film in their hometowns. Fans across the country rose to the occasion, and the top list of locations have been posted here: http://1DThisIsUs.tugg.com. Fans can get tickets now – but only while seats last! If their city is not listed, fans still have the opportunity to submit and rally for their hometown to get an early screening.
This announcement kicks off a special "One Month of One Direction," leading up to the release of the film in the US on August 30th. Encompassing everything fans love about One Direction, Sony Pictures Entertainment and the band have put together an exciting lineup of fan-centric activities to enable everyone to feel involved with the movie and forever engrain themselves in the history of One Direction.
The full lineup of fan driven activities includes:
- Trailer Remix – Fans can create their own fun-packed trailer for the movie and become 1D editors! The Remix Tool, powered by WeVideo, includes such One Direction songs as 'Little Things' and 'Live While We're Young' as well as video and sound effects from the original trailer. Once fans create their own Trailer Remix, they are able to share it on the film's YouTube page as well as with their friends via social networks. www.bit.ly/1DTrailerRemix
- Shazam "Global Scavenger Hunt" – Starting August 22nd, fans embark on an exciting scavenger hunt to unlock an exclusive clip from the movie before it can be seen in theaters. Clues, which will be issued through various One Direction songs, can be found by using the popular Shazam App.
- Spotify "Global Listening Party" – For one special hour on August 25th, fans across the globe will come together for a once-in-a-lifetime listening party to celebrate the release of One Direction: This Is Us. The listening party will be hosted on Spotify and feature exclusive movie content from the band. RSVP to the event now: www.bit.ly/1DSpotifyParty
- Fandango's "One Decade of Movie Tickets Sweepstakes" and "1D3D" Gift Cards – Celebrating the release of One Direction: This Is Us, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Fandango will team up to offer moviegoers the incredible opportunity to win One Decade worth of movie tickets for participating Fandango theaters. The sweepstakes starts August 12; see Fandango for details on the sweeps and official rules. Advance tickets for the film are now on sale on Fandango at www.fandango.com/1D
- Extended Preview – An extended preview from the movie will run in front of "The Mortal Instruments" when it is in theaters August 21st, one week before the release of "One Direction: This Is Us."
- World UK Premiere and US Premiere Webcasts – Both premieres will be streamed LIVE online for fans around the world to join in on the big events.
"One Direction: This Is Us" is a captivating and intimate all-access look at life on the road for the global music phenomenon. Weaved with stunning live concert footage, this inspiring feature film tells the remarkable story of Niall, Zayn, Liam, Harry and Louis' meteoric rise to fame, from their humble hometown beginnings and competing on the X-Factor, to conquering the world and performing at London's famed O2 Arena. Hear it from the boys themselves and see through their own eyes what it's really like to be One Direction.
Directed by Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) and produced by Simon Cowell, Adam Milano, Spurlock and Ben Winston.
To learn more about the film and explore the exciting digital engagement campaigns, please visit www.1DThisIsUs-Movie.com. Also be sure to follow @1DThisIsUs on Twitter for exclusive updates about the movie and join in on the conversation using #1DThisIsUs.
About Sony Pictures Entertainment:
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in 159 countries. For additional information, go to http://www.SonyPictures.com/.
About Syco Entertainment:
Syco Entertainment is a joint venture between Simon Cowell and Sony Music and is one of the world's leading global music, film and television production companies responsible for some of the world's most successful global TV and music franchises including The X Factor and Got Talent. Syco Entertainment is also the world most successful producer of international talent. Syco Music is the record label home for such diverse international recording artists as Labrinth, One Direction, Cher Lloyd, Leona Lewis, Susan Boyle, Little Mix, and Il Divo as well as other artists discovered through Syco TV series' including Tate Stevens, Emblem3, Fifth Harmony, James Arthur, Ella Henderson, Loveable Rogues and Rebecca Ferguson. Artists discovered by The X Factor format have sold more than 100 million records worldwide, including 110 number ones, 270 top 10, and 501 top 50 releases. Syco's television assets include the global franchises The X Factor and Got Talent. The X Factor was created by Syco Television and is produced by Syco Television and FremantleMedia. Local versions of The X Factor are produced in more than 41 territories and the US version of The X Factor airs in over 166 countries. In 2012 Got Talent became the world's biggest selling TV format and is now commissioned in 52 countries as a local format. The US version, America's Got Talent, is NBC's leading summer entertainment format and additionally airs in 152 countries. In 2012 Syco TV formats were responsible for more than 2,000 hours of original television worldwide - equivalent to nearly three months of television viewing. The X Factor is now watched by more than half a billion people around the world.
In 2013 Syco continues to capitalize on the ongoing success of its established global hit TV formats and a number of new projects including new TV series Food Glorious Food and two films - One Direction's 3D movie with Sony Pictures and 'One Chance', a film based on the success story of Britain's Got Talent's first winner, Paul Potts, in association with the Weinstein Company. Syco Entertainment also recently announced it's new partnership with You Tube; "The You Generation" channel -- The world's first global talent discovery channel which spans across 26 countries.
Pat Shin, TriStar Pictures
SOURCE Sony Pictures Entertainment
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.