NEW YORK, June 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- One Drop today announced a significant expansion of its accessibility features and educational programming, including integration with Amazon's Alexa voice technology. One Drop's new Alexa interface empowers people with diabetes to track blood glucose, food, and physical activity, and provides voice command access to all their diabetes data. This innovation opens up the world of data-driven diabetes care to the visually or physically impaired and provides One Drop's award winning technology, evidence-based American Diabetes Association recognized education* and coaching services to even more people living with diabetes worldwide.
One Drop also announced the launch of two new specialized One Drop | Experts diabetes education programs — "Overcoming Diabetes Burnout" and "Advanced Carb Counting" — for its ADA-recognized diabetes education* and coaching service One Drop | Experts. These offerings reaffirm One Drop's commitment to providing the most advanced diabetes education and care to everyone with diabetes and a smartphone.
Additionally, Nicole Johnson DrPH, MPH, MA — former Miss America and award-winning diabetes advocate — has joined the One Drop | Experts Advisory Board.
Lastly, One Drop will present the detailed findings of several clinical studies at this year's American Diabetes Association® 77th Scientific Sessions. These findings demonstrate the powerful clinical effectiveness of the One Drop platform at reducing A1C and improving blood glucose levels.
One Drop has significantly expanded its accessibility features. One Drop adapted Amazon Alexa voice technology with the One Drop | Mobile app to create a quick and seamless data entry, tracking, and reporting experience for people with diabetes and their caregivers. Through integration of Amazon Alexa voice technology with One Drop | Mobile, people with diabetes can log blood glucose, food, and physical activity throughout the day and receive data summaries of those records without ever having to open the app or manually enter data. Additionally, caregivers in separate locations can access these same data summaries just by asking Alexa (e.g., "Alexa, did mom take her medication today?"). One Drop will continue to expand the Alexa feature set and capabilities to facilitate communication between One Drop users and their One Drop | Experts, eliminating the need for manual entry in the One Drop | Mobile app. One Drop's Alexa integration is set to launch on June 15th, 2017 and will be available exclusively through the Amazon Alexa Skills store.
One Drop also introduced "Light Mode," a new accessibility feature within the One Drop | Mobile app designed to improve readability for the visually impaired.
"Accessibility is a foundational value at One Drop," said Jeff Dachis, CEO and Founder of One Drop. "Now, with new voice and alternative visual interfaces, we are extending our commitment to accessible care with features and programs that allow access to data-driven diabetes care for those with vision challenges, advanced neuropathy, or limited dexterity/mobility, the elderly, caregivers, as well as those challenged by the visual/tactile interfaces associated with smartphones."
"We are a group of people with diabetes designing products and services for people with diabetes," said Dachis. "My team's commitment to increasing access, lowering costs, and relentlessly improving the lives of everyone on the planet with diabetes and a smartphone continues by providing access to professional diabetes care and education where and when you need it, affordable diabetes supplies delivered right to your home, and worldwide free access to the world's most seamlessly integrated digital diabetes management experience."
ONE DROP | EXPERTS
One Drop | Experts is the first and only digital diabetes education and coaching program recognized by the American Diabetes Association and, starting today, two new specialized One Drop | Experts programs are available worldwide:
- One Drop | Experts: Overcoming Diabetes Burnout is a 10-week diabetes education and coaching program designed to help people with diabetes tackle burnout, find motivation, and learn how to deal with difficult emotions around diabetes, while providing the tools and skills needed to prevent burnout in the future. Available exclusively at One Drop (iOS, Android, http://onedrop.today/) in-app and online worldwide.
- One Drop | Experts: Advanced Carb Counting is an 8-week diabetes education and coaching program designed to help people with diabetes master the fundamentals of carb counting, navigate difficult situations (eating out, holidays, special occasions, etc.), and learn the skills needed for long-term success. Available exclusively at One Drop (iOS, Android, http://onedrop.today/) in-app and online worldwide.
All One Drop | Experts programs are delivered entirely via One Drop | Mobile through an in-app chat interface. Each One Drop | Experts participant has his/her own dedicated "Expert" (Certified Diabetes Educator) available 24/7 for guidance, support, and anytime care. Participants can communicate with their Experts any time; all data recorded in the app is available to Experts in real-time, allowing them to provide relevant behavioral guidance in the moments when people need it most — no appointments necessary. The above-mentioned specialized programs are available worldwide as a one-time purchase starting at $39.95. The original subscription programs — One Drop | Experts: On Track and One Drop | Experts: On Call — are also available worldwide as standalone subscriptions starting at $11 per month.
Secondly, One Drop officially announced this week that Nicole Johnson DrPH, MPH, MA has joined the One Drop | Experts Advisory Board. Ms. Johnson was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as a college student in 1993, and her work moved to the national stage when she was named Miss America 1999. She has remained a dedicated diabetes advocate since her diagnosis and has been recognized for her work in diabetes around the world.
The One Drop | Experts Advisory Board is composed of healthcare professionals and clinical researchers, as well as people living with diabetes, who provide guidance, feedback and advice on the One Drop | Experts program to help ensure program content reflects the latest research findings, as well as best practices in treatment and education. The Advisory Board is consistently focused on the One Drop user experience, ensuring that users can collect health data in a comprehensive, easy-to-understand form, and use that data to inform their diabetes management. Ms. Johnson adds her expertise to a highly-accomplished Board including David Marrero PhD, Martha M. Funnell MS, RN, CDE, FAADE, Carla Miller PhD, Heather Gabel, and Doug Warren.
NEW OUTCOMES DATA
At this year's American Diabetes Association® 77th Scientific Sessions, One Drop will announce the results of several clinical studies demonstrating the effectiveness of One Drop's digital diabetes management platform. Details of the three accepted abstracts are presented below:
- "Impact of a Diabetes Mobile App with In‐App Coaching on Glycemic Control"
- Session: Sunday, June 11, 12p-1p (63‐LB in category 08 Diabetes Education)
- Objective: We evaluated a diabetes mobile app with in-app coaching by a CDE (One Drop | Mobile and One Drop | Experts, Informed Data Systems, Inc., New York, NY) on the glycemic control of people with type 2 diabetes (T2D).
- "The Accuracy of Self‐ Reported A1C among Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes"
- Session: Monday, June 21, 12p-1p (721‐P in category 08 Diabetes Education)
- Objective: We assessed the accuracy of self-reported A1c among people with T2D and what individual characteristics were associated with that accuracy.
- "The One Drop Mobile App with In-App Coaching Improves Blood Glucose and Self-Care"
- Session: Monday, June 21, 12p-1p (885-P in category 11 Psychosocial, Behavioral Medicine)
- Objective: We assessed the effects of the One Drop | Mobile app with in-app coaching (One Drop | Experts) on the blood glucose and self-care of people with type 2 diabetes and A1c ≥ 7.5%.
One Drop previously reported preliminary findings from the aforementioned studies, demonstrating that after only four weeks, people with diabetes using both One Drop | Mobile and One Drop | Experts:
- Reduced average blood glucose from 185 mg/dL (A1c 8.1%) to 158 mg/dL (A1c 7.1%);
- Reduced average percentage of high blood glucose readings from 19% to 4%;
- Nearly doubled the number of in-range blood glucose readings; and
- Consistently tracked food and blood glucose over time.
ABOUT ONE DROP
One Drop (Informed Data Systems Inc.) is a digital health company harnessing the power of mobile computing and data science to bring evidence-based, clinically effective, affordable, accessible diabetes care to everyone with diabetes and a smartphone. To date, One Drop users have contributed over 350,000,000 health data points, which power One Drop's machine learning algorithms and data science efforts, delivering real-time insights that drive behavior change, cost savings, and better health outcomes.
One Drop's current offerings include:
- One Drop | Chrome: One Drop's FDA Approved, CE Certified Bluetooth wireless blood glucose monitoring designed to not only meet the highest standards of clinical accuracy, but also wirelessly transmit blood glucose data directly to the cloud via the One Drop | Mobile app for iOS and Android.
- One Drop | Plus: One Drop's subscription offerings, providing 50 to 100 blood glucose test strips per month for One Drop | Chrome PLUS unlimited coaching via One Drop | Experts for as low as $13 per month.
- One Drop | Premium: One Drop's unlimited subscription offering, providing unlimited blood glucose test strips for One Drop | Chrome and unlimited coaching via One Drop | Experts for as low as $33 per month.
- One Drop | Experts: One Drop moves diabetes education out of the clinic and into the lives of people with diabetes. Each One Drop | Experts subscriber has his/her own dedicated "Expert" (Certified Diabetes Educator) available 24/7 for guidance, support, and anytime care. Experts deliver personalized digital therapeutics programs, including ADA-recognized diabetes education, to help people with diabetes define and achieve their health management goals. Subscribers can communicate with their Experts anytime via in-app chat; all data recorded in the app is available to Experts in real-time, allowing them to provide relevant behavioral guidance in the moments when subscribers need it most — no appointments necessary. One Drop | Experts is available as a standalone subscription for as low as $11 per month.
- One Drop | Mobile: One Drop's free, award-winning, cloud-based diabetes management solution delivered entirely via mobile app on iOS and Android. One Drop | Mobile provides real-time and historical blood glucose data and analytics to subscribers and their healthcare providers, allowing both to see relationships between specific health behaviors and health outcomes. One Drop | Mobile also includes a fully-featured Apple WatchOS app for logging and analyzing diabetes data on the go. One Drop | Mobile is the only diabetes management platform that offers comprehensive self-care, peer-support, and expert support all in one place.
- One Drop | Professional: One Drop's HIPPA compliant enterprise solution, for insurers, health care provider networks, self-insured employers, pharma, and device manufacturers that want to dramatically improve the outcomes for their patients, lower, the cost of caring for people with diabetes and drive toward outcomes based solutions. One Drop | Professional delivers real-time data, real time messaging, custom branding, custom news and information, custom educational support, and offers the most affordable, most effective, turnkey solution in market and powers some of the world's largest health insurers.
One Drop | Chrome is sold exclusively by One Drop (iOS, Android, and http://onedrop.today/), Amazon (http://www.amazon.com), and Apple (http://store.apple.com). One Drop's consumer subscription services are available for purchase in-app (iOS and Android) and at http://onedrop.today. The One Drop | Mobile solution is available for free download worldwide (iOS and Android). For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The American Diabetes Association recognizes this education service as meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/one-drop-expands-features-and-subscription-programs-to-provide-more-accessible-care-to-people-with-diabetes-worldwide-300471549.html
SOURCE One Drop