OneChicago Announces Trading Volume for December 2012
- Volume in December up 142% as compared to the same period in 2011
- Total 2012 volume tops 6.3 million, up 174% above prior year levels
CHICAGO, Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OneChicago, LLC (OCX), an equity finance exchange, today announced that December 2012 volume of 1,291,562 was up 168% over November 2012.
December 2012 highlights include:
- 1,272,739 Exchange Futures for Physicals (EFPs) and blocks were traded. December 2012 EFPs and blocks activity represented $5.6 billion in notional value.
- For the full-year 2012, ETF volume reached 1,281,854, up 2941% driven by the strength of ETF futures which provide the same delta exposure that trading in the underlying security offers, but on better financing terms.
- 56% of December 2012 month-end open interest was in OCX.NoDivRisk™ products. The OCX.NoDivRisk product suite is an innovative equity finance tool, which removes dividend risk for customers carrying equity delta exposure.
- Open interest stood at 598,887 contracts on the equity finance exchange at the end of December 2012, up 70% as compared with December 2011.
OneChicago (OCX) is the only US equity finance exchange for trading security futures and the related EFP. Regulated by the SEC and CFTC, OCX lists approximately 2,800 products, including ADRs, ETFs and OCX.NoDivRisk™ contracts. Contracts are cleared through the centralized counterparty, "AA+"-rated OCC. Security futures, a Delta One product, are utilized for synthetic equity strategies including equity swaps, equity repos and stock loan/borrow transactions. The OneChicago OCX.NoDivRisk, Exchange Futures for Physical transaction is economically equivalent to a Securities Lending Transaction.
OCX.NoDivRisk contracts are security futures with dividends removed from the pricing as the future's price is adjusted down by the value of the dividend on Ex-date.
For more information, please visit our Website at: http://www.OneChicago.com or contact us at 312-424-8520.
SOURCE OneChicago, LLC
More by this Source
OneChicago's April Security Futures Volume Rises 148% Over Year-Ago
May 01, 2013, 13:30 ET
OneChicago's First Quarter 2013 Trading Volume Increases 67% Compared with 2012
Apr 01, 2013, 13:30 ET
OneChicago Announces Trading Volume for January 2013
Feb 01, 2013, 14:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.