LOS ANGELES, June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Onestop Internet, a leading full-spectrum eCommerce and Omni-channel solutions provider, today unveiled the results of a new retail survey that shows consumers are two times more likely to buy from brands that are eco-friendly than those that are endorsed by a celebrity.
The difference in influence is significant, with consumers across all demographics reporting that in terms of influencing a purchase, eco-friendly practices have double the impact than that of a star's recommendation:
- 49.4% of all respondents said seeing a product whose manufacturers use eco-friendly manufacturing and distribution methods makes them more likely to buy that product; this increases to 56% for millennials (respondents between the ages of 18 and 34)
- 17.2% of all respondents said seeing a product endorsed or owned by a celebrity they admire makes them more likely to buy that product; this increases to 26.6% for millennials
Onestop revealed the survey results yesterday at its annual Emerge Summit, which featured keynotes by high-profile industry experts like Coco Rocha as well as participation from leading brands including Live Nation Entertainment, 7 For All Mankind and The Frye Company.
In addition to showing consumer preference for sustainability, the survey also demonstrates the price-conscious nature of today's shopper as well as millennials' affinity for eCommerce.
Consumers rely on their smartphones to save money while shopping in store:
- 52.6% of all respondents report using their smartphone for price comparison when shopping in store
- 50.3% of all respondents report using their smartphone to find coupons and deals while shopping in store
Data also indicates that millennials are far and away the most tech-savvy shoppers, buying more online and embracing personalization:
- 37.3% said they are more likely to buy online now than they were a year ago
- 39.6% have bought or sold clothing through an online consignment shop like ThredUp and Poshmark
- 34.2% said a website delivering a personalized experience based on location and previous behavior makes them more likely to buy
This survey was conducted by Survata, an independent research firm in San Francisco. Survata interviewed 1136 online respondents between May 23, 2016 and May 25, 2016. Respondents were reached across the Survata publisher network, where they take a survey to unlock premium content, like articles and ebooks. Respondents received no cash compensation for their participation. More information on Survata's methodology can be found at survata.com/methodology.
About Onestop Internet
Founded in 2003, Los Angeles-based Onestop Internet is a full-spectrum eCommerce partner backed by blue-chip investors Bessemer Ventures and Fung Capital USA (Li & Fung.) Onestop provides customized end-to-end digital commerce solutions for retail brands both on an entirely outsourced basis and on a-la-carte basis. The company's suite of integrated core services includes an Omni-channel technology platform, performance marketing, business intelligence, merchandising and planning, brand-focused design, retail imaging and video, full-scale warehousing and fulfillment, and world-class customer care. For more information visit www.onestop.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/onestop-internet-survey-reveals-consumers-value-sustainability-twice-as-much-as-celebrity-endorsements-when-it-comes-to-retail-300276384.html
SOURCE Onestop Internet