OnForce Awarded U.S. Patent for Innovative Technology Process OnForce's Field Services Cloud Receives Patent that Simplifies On-Site Service Management and Negotiation through Innovation
BOSTON, July 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- OnForce, the #1 source for on-site tech talent in the cloud, today announced that it has been awarded a U.S. patent for a work order development, online negotiation and payment processing systems. This patented technology is embedded in its field services cloud, which connects enterprises and IT service businesses with local certified technicians. This patented system, U.S. Patent number 7,856,406, eliminates cost; removes service management hassles; and provides highly skilled, local contractors with opportunities to grow their businesses. Highlights of OnForce's IT field services cloud include:
- A simple payment process that eliminates costly document routing, approvals, and check cutting and ensures that service technicians and companies are paid after the successful completion of every work order. This system streamlines the payment process, resulting in lower costs and payment in an average of 54 hours(1) after work completion versus industry norms of 30 to 60 days.
- An automated negotiation process and market-based competition system that ensures that service companies get a fair market rate for the IT work that they need completed.
- Access to hyper-local tech talent, reducing travel time and overhead that is often necessary in a pure employee-based field services organization.
- Zero gaps in technician utilization. OnForce's patented process allows service companies to pay on a per project completion basis, one hour at a time, eliminating utilization gaps and ensuring that 100 percent of service company dollars are dedicated to completing projects with no paid idle time. This solution effectively eliminates the issue that 40% or more of field services employee time is non-productive.
"This patented process represents more than seven years of technical innovation. Built from the ground up it helps our IT field services cloud ensure that enterprises, service businesses and field technicians gain instant access to IT service jobs and technical talent easily and cost effectively," said Peter Cannone, CEO of OnForce. "We're always looking for new ways to make field services more efficient and effective and, with the help of our vast user base, we've been able to create a system that reduces service costs and guarantees high-quality work."
OnForce's widely used IT field services cloud is proven to get on-site work done in all categories within the IT and consumer electronic space. The company provides fast access to qualified and insured local technicians in every zip code in the US, giving companies the ability to dramatically cut costs by reducing travel and staffing commitments. And technicians with OnForce gain access to hundreds of local job opportunities that match their technical qualifications.
To learn more about how OnForce is helping companies reduce service costs by more than 30 percent, or if you're a service technician interested in joining OnForce, please visit http://www.onforce.com.
OnForce is the #1 source for on-site tech talent in the cloud. By partnering with OnForce, service buyers can connect with thousands of highly skilled service professionals to fulfill on-site work throughout the US and Canada. With more than 1.5 million service events completed, OnForce is a proven and trusted solution. Service buyers can gain extensive geographic coverage, lower service costs, extend skill-sets, and generate new streams of revenue on demand. The company supports more than 20 IT and CE categories, such as computers, printers, networking, VoIP, Point of Sale, and more. OnForce is the partner in service. For additional information, please visit www.onforce.com.
(1) OnForce: Service technicians receive payment in an average of 54 hours after the successful completion of work.