Online Ads in the Business World: Bizo Data Reveals Women More Likely to Click, Men More Likely to Act
Bizo data on millions of business professionals also reveals industry and time of day impacts actions
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- With access to more than 80 million unique online business professionals, Bizo (www.bizo.com), the world's largest online B2B audience targeting platform and advertising network, today issued data demonstrating how businesspeople interact with online ads. The data highlights the impact gender, time of day, job function, and a person's vocational industry have on their response to display advertising. Based on data from January through July 2010, the findings are as follows:
- Businesswomen Click More, but Businessmen Act More
- Women deliver a 23 percent higher click-through rate than men, but after clicking, men following through with an action (e.g., download a whitepaper, start a free trial, make a purchase) 53 percent more than women.
- Men are night owls – 3:00 am ET is the hour when men are most likely to click; women are morning people – 5:00 am ET is when they are most likely to click.
- In contrast, men are most likely to act at 4:00 pm ET in the afternoon; women still keep it early and are most likely to act at 11:00 am ET.
- An infographic illustrating this is available here: http://com-bizo-public.s3.amazonaws.com/www/marketing/Bizo-BizIndex.pdf
- Some Industries React to Online Ads Better Than Others
- Business professionals who work in Publishing, Accounting, Drug Stores/Pharmacies, Veterinary Services and Agriculture click the most.
- Business Services, Media & Internet, Hospitality, and Advertising & Marketing professionals act on advertised offers the most.
- Those least likely to click are professionals in the Car Rental, Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing, Media/Music, Boats & Marine Manufacturing and Higher Education industries.
- Professionals in the Car Rental, Boats & Marine Manufacturing, Weight/Health Management, Construction/Residential Building and Graphic Design industries are least likely to act.
- Job Roles Matter
- Top clickers wear hats including: Operations Change Management, IT Database, Government Sales Support and Operations Compliance – but most actions are taken by C-Level, Information Technology, Marketing, Medical/Health and Advertising professionals.
"Online ad spend is expected to balloon to more than $52 billion in 2011*, and marketers increasingly need detailed understanding of how people respond to online ads," said Russell Glass, CEO of Bizo, "With so much rich data available to us, we have remarkable insight into how business professionals interact with online ads, and this information is indispensable for our advertising partners, both big and small. This data confirms what most sophisticated marketers have come to realize – click-through rates alone, are not a good way to measure the success or failure of an online campaign. Clearly there are other factors at work."
Bizo provides rich, anonymous bizographic information (e.g. industry, job function, company size, gender, location) on business professionals across thousands of websites. This data is based on the 80 million online business professionals currently in the Bizo network, representing 70% of the U.S. business population. The data is collected in a completely anonymous and transparent manner, and is certified by a third-party auditing organization.
To learn more about Bizo, visit www.bizo.com.
*Borrell Associates, August 4, 2010, Borrell Associates' 2011 Ad Forecast Memo
About Bizo (www.bizo.com)
Bizo is the world's largest B2B audience targeting platform and advertising network, currently reaching more than 70 percent of the U.S. business population on thousands of sites across the business Web. Companies of all sizes, including hundreds of the top B2B brands, count on Bizo to measure, reach, and engage their target business audiences online. Powered by rich, third party-certified data on over 80 million business people globally, the Bizo platform is fueling a proven approach to precise online B2B marketing based on a prospect's anonymous bizographics including industry, job function, seniority, company size and more.
Bizo is privately held and based in San Francisco, California. For more information on Bizo, or for a free look at the bizographic make-up of your Web site audience, visit www.bizo.com.
More by this Source
Bizo Delivers Record-Setting Fourth Quarter; Company Enters 2014 with $50M Revenue Run Rate
Feb 04, 2014, 09:00 ET
Bizo Extends Marketing Automation with Online Display & Social Ads
Oct 24, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.