Online Backup Provider, IDrive Inc., Assists Students and Faculty with Backing up data to the Cloud
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Schools are back in session and leading online backup provider, IDrive Inc., is encouraging students and faculty to backup their data. The company is offering a 50% off discount to students and faculty with a valid education domain based email address to assist with moving their data to the cloud.
IDrive has also extended the discount to apply to business accounts as well as personal accounts. Faculty will especially benefit from the sub-account feature of a business plan which makes all backups manageable by a single account and links the entire staff to one easy-to-use plan. These half price discounts apply to the life of an account. Shane Bingham, Business Development Associate at IDrive, says, "Education is expensive enough, we know how tight budgets are for students, but data protection is not a corner that should be cut, so we are trying to help, as much as possible. Lost data can cause detrimental setbacks for students as well as staff."
Cloud-based online backup services are the best choice for data protection and recovery. Frequently, onsite options and physical storage devices (discs and USBs), that are often used by students, fail to meet expectations when data retrieval is necessary. Students can benefit immensely from backing up data to the cloud to prevent the permanent loss of important files like term papers or research projects.
IDrive offers a multitude of advantages for students in online backup:
- Data is stored on a server that can be accessed from anywhere with cloud access. (If a student forgets a presentation or paper at home, as long as it is backup up to their account, they may access and print it from a public computer on campus.)
- Multiple devices can be linked to a single account allowing cross-platform capabilities, at no additional cost, enabling students to access their data on a personal Mac, library based PC, or their mobile device.
- Files or notes can be accessed via a mobile device for a quick study session on the go (available for iOS, Android, and Windows).
- File sharing features allow for easy group collaboration.
- Backups take place offsite ensuring that data is secure in a remote location, protected from regional/geological issues, natural disasters, or other physical threats.
- 256-bit AES encryption ensures the best protection with the option for a private key for heightened security.
- A variety of plan options provide the flexibility to upgrade or downgrade when necessary.
Cloud-based backup is quickly growing in popularity and preference for data protection. An academic lifestyle leaves no room for computer malfunctions, lost data, forgotten papers, or presentations that fail because of an inability to work across platforms. A secure, reliable online backup plan allows students and faculty to focus attention on studies rather than the dilemma of data loss.
Bingham adds, "The cloud has an overwhelming amount of advantages and we strongly encourage students to start moving toward online, offsite backup. Not only is the cloud a smart choice, it's secure and cost efficient as well."
IDrive Inc. is a privately held company specializing in cloud storage, online backup, file sharing, remote access, compliance, sync and related technologies. Core services include IDrive®, IDriveSync, IBackup®, RemotePC™ and EVS for developers. The company's services help over 2 million customers back up over 45 Petabytes of data.
SOURCE IDrive, Inc.