PRINCETON, N.J., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Educational Testing Service (ETS) and My Learning Plan®, Inc. are launching an online library of authentic K–12 classroom videos available via annual subscription.
Searchable by grade level, subject and setting (rural, suburban, urban), the ETS Classroom Video Library offers:
- Unedited, authentic, lesson-length classroom videos demonstrating a range of teaching proficiency
- A choice of wide-angle view or dual-view that includes a close-up on the front of the classroom
- Accompanying instructional artifacts such as lesson plans, student worksheets, assessments and student assignments, where available
- An easy-to-use video clipping function to create your own personal library of video clips, tagged by topics you choose and available for easy replay
- Ability to select and share your video clips with others in your organization, for discussion, mentoring and/or professional development purposes
- Easy online accessibility through any web browser so there is no software to install, no lengthy downloads
- Attractive pricing options and a state-of-the-art technical platform to support large groups of users
- Free previews of all videos to inform decision making before purchase
All classroom videos are filmed using unobtrusive HD cameras designed to show the entire classroom during the teacher's lesson as the activity actually happened. A multi-directional microphone captures audio from all parts of the classroom, providing viewers with the ability to hear student discussion.
"We expect the ETS Classroom Video Library to become a valued resource by schools, school districts, teachers, administrators, institutions of higher education and professional development providers who are all working on important teacher effectiveness initiatives," said Linda Tyler, Vice President, New Product Development, Business Innovation and Growth at ETS. "User creativity, combined with the video library's versatility, will only expand its usefulness over time."
Added Elizabeth Combs, President, My Learning Plan, "We are pleased to join with ETS to build and offer this new resource that complements our current suite of online programs and services designed to support teachers and administrators in school districts across the country and around the world."
ETS and My Learning Plan representatives will be demonstrating the ETS Classroom Video Library December 2–4 at Learning Forward's 2012 Annual Conference. This year's conference offers education leaders the connections, tools, learning opportunities and resources they need to understand and implement effective professional learning in their schools. The conference is being held in Boston, Mass., December 1–5.
For more information about the ETS Classroom Video Library, please visit http://www.etsvideo.mylearningplan.com.
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and post-secondary education, as well as conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® tests and The Praxis Series™ assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org
About My Learning Plan, Inc.
My Learning Plan, Inc., is the leading provider of web-based educator professional development and evaluation data management solutions in use by school districts, regional education agencies, and State Departments of Education throughout the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, and Saudi Arabia. www.MyLearningPlan.com
SOURCE Educational Testing Service