ooVoo Quadruples Social Video-Chat Fun With Release Of Free iOS, Android Four-Screen Multi-Party Mobile Video-Chat Apps
ooVoo Goes Ultra-Mobile with Must-Have Features for Social Video-Chat
NEW YORK, Aug. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ooVoo, the fastest-growing and largest independent social video-chat provider with 54 million registered subscribers, today unleashed free iOS and Android apps that let subscribers easily include more of their friends in all their fun...wherever and whenever they wish.
As the leader in group video-chat, ooVoo's new mobile apps are the only major communications product offering users four simultaneous video streams at once on mobile devices, and hosting a total of up to 12 participants on one call, for free! ooVoo's free apps for mobile devices offer more flexibility and several industry-first social video-chat features that raise the bar for connected fun.
ooVoo is the go-to place for free group video-chat, and no one matches ooVoo's capabilities, quality and fun. The new ooVoo product upgrades across mobile platforms allow users to:
- Host four simultaneous video streams at once on screen – for free – on iOS or Android mobile devices in high quality (over 240 devices supporting 4-way)
- Gain deep integration into the native Android address book using the Google Social API
- Take advantage of ooVoo's Android widget that shows online friends, missed calls and enables one-touch chat session starts plus calls straight from their phone or tablet home screen
- Enjoy the first optimized, multi-party communications experience for new, high-speed LTE mobile networks
- Stay always available -- the new ooVoo mobile app provides subscribers with push notifications, making them always on and always reachable
- Text chat with anyone during a video call on both iOS and Android
- Get improvements to the user experience that make ooVoo easier and fun to use
"Multi-party video-chat is the most social thing one can do on mobile, and with the launch of ooVoo's four-screen mobile apps we're creating an easy and free way to let more friends get together, participate and be a part of each other's worlds – which bring us all closer together," said Jay Samit, president of ooVoo. "ooVoo is the marriage of communications and social. ooVoo gives everyone the ability to share experiences with friends as they happen regardless of location or device."
Starting today, the free ooVoo updates are available for immediate download from iPhone App Store and Google Play.
See ooVoo's four-screen chat in action on an Android mobile device [VIDEO]: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151204792431057.
About ooVoo, LLC
ooVoo provides a high-quality, free, social video-chat service and integrated instant messaging for more than 54 million registered users worldwide. Bringing multi-party HD video-chat to users around the world, ooVoo enables people to connect with their friends, family and community via 12-way video-chat over the Web, Facebook, desktop and any Android or iOS-based mobile or tablet device using cloud-based connectivity. Named "Best of the Year" by PC Magazine in 2011, the free, award-winning ooVoo mobile app can be downloaded at www.ooVoo.com.
Headquartered in New York City, ooVoo is a privately-held company funded by Myrian Capital, a growth capital firm with investments in video communications, social media and advanced advertising, www.myriancapital.com. Follow ooVoo on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ooVoo and through Twitter at www.twitter.com/ooVoo.
SOURCE ooVoo, LLC
More by this Source
Horrific Fact: Halloween Now #1 Favorite Holiday Among Millennials
Oct 14, 2013, 08:00 ET
ooVoo Reinventa a Experiência de Videoconferência
Sep 05, 2013, 17:48 ET
ooVoo Reveals Secrets to Making Your App Go Viral at Apps World Europe in London
Oct 17, 2013, 18:53 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.