Open Government Innovations to be Recognized at Gov 2.0 Expo
Sunlight Lab's Director Discusses 'Design for America' Contest with Focus Washington TechView
WASHINGTON, May 7 /PRNewswire/ --
- Sunlight Labs director Clay Johnson talks about open government with Focus Washington TechView, an online television series highlighting unique Washington power-figures and their influence and knowledge on government processes.
- Johnson also talks about Design for America, an innovative contest that challenges artists and designers to use government data in exciting new ways organized by the Sunlight Foundation.
- The competition will focus on art and visualizations in three general categories:
- Data visualization: To focus on projects designed to distill complex datasets into easily understandable graphics, pictures or videos.
- Process transparency: To focus on showing citizens how the processes of our government work.
- Redesigning the government: To focus on redesigning government forms and Web sites to make them easier to use and provide more useful information to citizens trying to access them.
- Artists and designers have until May 17 to submit their projects.
- Design for America award winners will be announced at the Gov 2.0 Expo to be held in May 25-27, 2010 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
- Gov 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media, Inc. and UBM TechWeb, and will gather technology leaders and visionaries from government and industry to share the latest innovations in Cloud Computing and Security, Social Networks and Collaboration, Emerging Technologies, Agile Government, and Open Data and Web Services.
- Gov 2.0 Expo would like to remind sponsors and exhibitors to submit their 50-word description of announcements being made at the event for inclusion on a May 18 press release. It is a great tool to increase exposure and public relations opportunities while at Gov 2.0 Expo. Deadline for submissions is May 11, and should be sent to Natalia Wodecki at email@example.com.
- Gov 2.0 Expo homepage: http://www.gov2expo.com
- Gov 2.0 Expo full schedule: http://qorv.is/0fb
- Focus Washington TechView: http://focuswashington.com/techview/
Blog for Gov 2.0 Events:
RSS Feed for Gov 2.0 Events:
O'Reilly Media, Inc. spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14 million business and technology professionals actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly.
Gov 2.0 Expo, government, innovation, Sunlight Foundation, Sunlight Labs, Clay Johnson , contest, Design for America, award, transparency, open government
SOURCE UBM TechWeb
More by this Source
thatgamecompany's Journey Sweeps The 13th Annual Game Developers Choice Awards
Mar 27, 2013, 23:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.