Opening Day App Updates Available Today
Updates Available for At Bat & At The Ballpark for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android; Beat The Streak Presented by Dunkin' Donuts for iPhone & iPod touch
MLB.COM AT BAT 13 DEBUTS ON BLACKBERRY Z10
NEW YORK, March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MLB Advanced Media, the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball and an award-winning mobile app developer, today announced the Opening Day updates to its suite of mobile applications, including the highest grossing sports app of all-time, At Bat, will be available across their respective supported devices. The list of apps includes At Bat, At The Ballpark and Beat The Streak Presented by Dunkin' Donuts. In addition, MLB.com At Bat 13 is making its debut on the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone with features including MLB.TV live video streaming.
MLB.com AT BAT
MLB.TV Premium subscribers again may upgrade to At Bat 13 for free on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices, unlocking all premium features. Fans also may subscribe to MLB.com At Bat 13 for the one-time annual fee of $19.99. iOS users may pay $2.99/month using the recurring billing option available through the App Store.
MLB.com At Bat 13 for the BlackBerry Z10, available only for a one-time annual fee of $19.99, will give fans access to the app's features, developed and optimized for the device's mobile computing system. Those include: the Free MLB.TV Game of the Day; MLB.TV Premium subscriber login to watch every out-of-market game live and on-demand; home and away radio broadcasts; in-progress highlights; Gameday pitch tracking with realistic ballpark renderings; Condensed Games; Classic games library; league and team news, schedules and statistics; standings; and favorite team selection.
AT BAT FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS – OPENING DAY 2013
- Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers, offering account portability to listen to live games on Mac/PC desktops and laptops
- Universal iOS and Android support for At Bat 13 subscribers, full feature accessibility across select supported smartphones and tablets
- Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
- Re-designed individual team pages
- Updated news section interface
- Expanded video highlight integration
- Classic games video library archive
- Re-architected app navigation
- Additional push notification options
- Favorite team enhancements
- Searchable highlight library expansion to include access to complete video archives
- Closed captioning for live video
MLB.com AT THE BALLPARK
The ultimate mobile companion when visiting any of the 30 Major League Baseball ballparks. MLBAM has built the app to be customizable for each ballpark from a foundation of interactive features, including mobile check-in, social media integration, offers, rewards and exclusive content.
AT THE BALLPARK FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS – OPENING DAY 2013
- Re-architected My Journal section
- Manually input all ballpark visits, dating back to 2005
- Upload and share personal photos from all ballpark visits, dating back to 2005
- View team statistics and watch video highlights from games attended
- Ballpark and player entrance music
- Social media clubhouse, including social rewards for select clubs
- Updated tickets section, featuring special offers by club
- Seat and experience upgrade functionality (select ballparks only)
- Passbook integration for digital ticket delivery and storage (select clubs only)
- Re-designed user interface
MLB.com BEAT THE STREAK PRESENTED BY DUNKIN' DONUTS
Maybe season #13 will be the lucky one. Entering its teenage years without a grand prize winner, Beat The Streak Presented by Dunkin' Donuts, free-to-play, gives fans the opportunity to achieve fantasy baseball immortality by surpassing the legendary consecutive games hitting streak record of 56 and claiming a $5.6 million grand prize in the process. Tens of millions of streaks started. No grand prize winner. Yet…
BEAT THE STREAK FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS – OPENING DAY 2013
- Get pick results by push notification as well as improved reminder notifications
- New 2013 game rule: A streak won't end if a user forgets to make a pick
- Easily follow live game scoring for your picks in MLB.com At Bat
For more information on app and feature availability by platform, visit MLB.com.
SOURCE MLB Advanced Media