SAN MATEO, Calif. and OSLO, Norway, July 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Opera Software today launched its first State of Mobile Advertising report, which highlights key data and trends in mobile advertising worldwide. The report will share finds from the perspective of the world's leading mobile ad platform, using data mined from the global network of 35 billion+ ad impressions and driving over $240 million in revenue to mobile publishers in 2011.
The findings of the report are being unveiled today by Mahi de Silva, EVP of Consumer Mobile for Opera at his opening keynote at Mobile + Web DevCon in San Francisco, with a presentation on "The State of Mobile Advertising."
Among the findings:
- iOS rules the roost. The average eCPM (effective cost per thousand impressions) on iPhone is $2.85, followed by Android at $2.10; Windows Phone is last at $0.20 eCPM.
- Rich media delivers. Rich media ads, especially those that leverage the capabilities of more sophisticated mobile devices, drive CTR (click-through rates) and better customer engagement.
- Business & Finance is the top revenue category. It generates more revenue per impression than any other category.
- Using just one ad network won't cut it. Performance varies significantly over very short periods of time, so publishers and advertisers that don't use a strategic mix of networks won't maximize their profit and reach.
In addition to the special focus on monetization patterns and trends, the report also includes key insights for advertisers, such as:
- How device adoption among demographic groups impacts media buying strategy
- Why mobile landing pages could soon be obsolete
- 5 traits to look for when choosing a mobile ad network
To read the full report, go to www.opera.com/sma/
About Opera Software ASA
The worldwide World Wide Web — any device, any platform, any bandwidth, absolutely anywhere in the world. Opera Software was founded in 1994, based on the idea that access to the web should be a universal right. 270 million people (and counting) use the Opera web browsers for computers, mobile phones, TVs and other connected devices. Opera also delivers tools, distribution, engagement, monetization and market insights to developers, publishers and brands around the world. We are passionate about breaking down barriers, so everyone can share in the power of the internet. Our vision of one web for all remains at the heart of what we do, because we believe that participation changes everything. Opera Software ASA is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. 'Opera', 'Opera Software', 'Opera Mini' and the 'O' logo are trademarks of Opera Software ASA. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Learn more about Opera at www.opera.com.
Phone: +1 650 625 1262 extn. 1001
SOURCE Opera Software ASA