NEW YORK, May 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global ophthalmology devices market is projected to reach USD 58.05 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021. The growth in this market is majorly driven by the increasing geriatric population and related increase in the prevalence of eye diseases.
In this report, the ophthalmology devices market is segmented based on product type and region. Based on product type, the market is segmented into diagnostic and monitoring devices, surgical devices, and vision care devices. In 2015, the vision care devices segment accounted for the largest share of the ophthalmology devices market. The surgical devices segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the increasing prevalence of ocular conditions such as cataract, glaucoma, refractive errors, and diabetic retinopathy that require surgery.
In 2015, North America commanded the largest share of the ophthalmology devices market, followed by Europe. The U.S. is a prime market for ophthalmology devices due to the high healthcare expenditure in the country, presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure, and increasing prevalence of eye diseases with the rising aging population. The Asia-Pacific market is expected to witness the highest growth in the coming years primarily due to the growing focus of manufacturers in APAC countries to increase their market shares in the APAC ophthalmology device industry.
Major players in the ophthalmology devices market are Alcon Inc. (Switzerland), Essilor International S.A. (France), Johnson & Johnson (U.S.), Abbott Medical Optics Inc. (U.S.), Bausch & Lomb, Inc. (U.S.), Haag-Streit AG (Switzerland), Topcon Corporation (Japan), Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (Germany), Nidek Co. Ltd. (Japan), and Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems AG (Switzerland).
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for reaping greater market shares.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by top players operating in the ophthalmology devices market. The report analyzes the ophthalmology devices market by product type across all regions
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, R&D activities, and new product launches in the ophthalmology devices market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets based on product and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the ophthalmology devices market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of the leading players in the ophthalmology devices market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03846406-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ophthalmology-devices-market---market-share-analysis--global-forecasts-to-2021-300276677.html