LONDON, May 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Opportunities in the Global Bakery & Cereals Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Growth Economies
Global Bakery & Cereals sector was valued at US$478 Billion in 2016 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.4 % during 2016-2021 to reach US$565.6 Billion by 2021. North America represented the largest region for the global Bakery & Cereals sector with a value share of 28.55% in 2016, while Western Europe was a close second with a 28.50% share. Asia-Pacific is forecast to record the fastest CAGR of 6.7% during 2016-2021 among all regions. A growing population, rising urbanization rate, and improving economy will remain the primary macroeconomic factors driving the sector globally. Energy Bars is set to be the fastest growing market with a projected CAGR of 5.3% during 2016-2021 given the ability of these products to offer on-the-go nutrition, especially for time-poor working individuals.
Bakery & Cereals with Health & Wellness attributes accounted for 10.8% of the overall global sector sales in 2016. North America held the largest share of 15% for products with Health & Wellness attributes in 2016, while Asia-Pacific is forecasted to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 6.2% during 2016-2021. Global rise in obesity rates and the subsequent increase in lifestyle diseases such as Diabetes is fuelling demand for products with Heath & Wellness attributes in the Food industry.
The Global Bakery & Cereals market is highly fragmented with the top four brands - Yamazaki, Bimbo, Pepperidge Farm, and Oreo- accounting for 3.3% of value share in 2016. The overall market share for private label products in the global Bakery & Cereals sector stood at 9.7% by value as of 2016, an increase from 8.9% in 2011. Western Europe had the highest market share for private label products with 15.3% of the total Bakery & Cereals sales in 2016, an increase from 14.7% in 2011. It was followed by North America with a market share of 10.6% in 2016, while Latin America had the lowest private label share at 3.7%.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for the global Bakery & Cereals sector, with a value share of 41.9% in 2016, followed by Food & Drinks Specialists with a 37.1% share. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets channel sales led the distribution of Bakery & Cereals in Asia-Pacific and North America, while the Food & Drinks Specialists channel sales led in Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa, Western Europe, and Latin America.
The report "Opportunities in the Global Bakery & Cereals Sector" provide a comprehensive overview of the global Bakery & Cereals sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across six regions - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of Bakery & Cereals as compared to other major sectors such as Confectionery, Dairy & Soy Food, Prepared Meals, and Savory Snacks during 2011-2021 at global and regional level.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 10 high potential countries across six regions based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country and regional analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high potential countries covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Bakery & Cereals sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of Bakery & Cereals products across the six regions in 2016. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering Bakery & Cereals products with Health & Wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global Bakery & Cereals sector in 2016. It covers four distribution channels: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and Others, which includes Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, 'Dollar Stores', Department Stores, e-Retailers, and General retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2016) and growth analysis (during 2011-2021) for various packaging materials, containers, closures, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of Bakery & Cereals products.
Companies mentioned in this report: GGrupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V., The Kellogg Company, Mondelez International, Inc., General Mills, Inc., Campbell Soup Company, Yamazaki Baking Co., Ltd., PepsiCo, Inc., Barilla G. & R. Fratelli, Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A., Nestle S.A., Mckee Foods Corporation, Flowers Foods, Inc., United Biscuits Ltd, Post Holdings, Inc., Pinnacle Foods, Inc., Britannia Industries Limited, Parle Products Pvt Ltd, Agrofert, a.s., Premier Foods Group Limited, Hostess Brand, LLC, Pasco Shikishima Corporation, Pandurata Alimentos Ltda., Panrico, Goodman Fielder, Dr. August Oetker Kg, Yildiz Holding A.S, Warburton`s, Bahlsen Gmbh & Co. Kg, Associated British Foods Plc, Pågengruppen AB, Bauli S.P.A., Fuji Baking Group, Rudi`s.
- The report provides an overview of global and regional markets covering - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- It also identifies top ten high potential countries and provides deep dive analysis of top two countries in each region.
- The report draws on the sector data by analyzing key distribution channels for Bakery & Cereals in the global market.
- Sector data is also used for studying the level of competition in the sector by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on sector shares of private label products.
- The report also includes insights on Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Bakery & Cereals sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021.
Reasons to buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global Bakery & Cereals sector across the six regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the global Bakery & Cereals sector and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the region, resulting in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the Bakery & Cereals sector at global and regional level with information about their market share, business descriptions and product profiles
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4910365/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/opportunities-in-the-global-bakery--cereals-sector-analysis-of-opportunities-offered-by-high-growth-economies-300461717.html