LONDON, June 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Global Savory Snacks sector was valued at US$96.6 Billion in 2016 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 6.0% during 2016-2021 to reach US$129.3 Billion by 2021. North America was the leading region in the global Savory Snacks sector with a value share of 37.6% in 2016 whilst Asia-Pacific is forecast to record the fastest value growth globally at a CAGR of 8.0% during 2016-2021. A growing population, rising urbanization rate, and improving economy will remain the primary macroeconomic factors driving the sector globally. Long working hours and consumers' busy schedules will further contribute to the snackification trend as they snack more often than usual to get a quick energy boost. Processed Snacks was the leading market with a value share of 36.4% in 2016.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4959847/
Share of Savory Snacks as a percentage of the global food industry is expected to increase during 2011-2021. All the regions, except the Middle East & Africa, will witness a gain in share during the same period. Fragmented meal times due to rising busy lifestyles across the regions will result in an increase in snacking occasions. Many consumers in the Middle East & Africa are altering their eating habits to include more dairy and bakery products in their daily routine, which will boost the share of the Dairy & Soy Food and Bakery & Cereals sectors compared to Savory Snacks in the region.
Top 10 high potential countries included Japan, China, the US, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, the UK, France, Russia, and Turkey. The US is set to continue leading the global Savory Snacks sector, while China is forecast to record the fastest growth globally during 2016-2021. Russia is set to emerge as the fastest-growing market for Savory Snacks in the Eastern European region with a CAGR of 8.5% during 2016-2021. Brazil represented the largest market in Latin America, accounting for 48.3% of total value sales, while the UK represented the largest market in the Western European region with 33.7% value share in 2016.
Savory Snacks with Health & Wellness attributes accounted for 15.4% of the overall global sector sales in 2016, an increase over 14.7% in 2011. This can be attributed to the strong demand for low-fat snacking options, which manufacturers are offering to appeal to health-conscious consumers. Additionally, with increased focus on healthy ingredients such as hemp seed and flaxseed, which are a natural source of amino acids and omega-3, there is robust demand from time-pressed consumers who seek convenient but healthy snacking options during short-breaks or while on the move.
The overall share for private label products in the global Savory Snacks sector stood at 9.1%, valued at US$8.7 Billion in 2016, an increase from 8.7% in 2011. Western Europe had the highest value share for private label Savory Snacks with 18.4% of the total sales in 2016, followed by North America with a value share of 10.5%. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for the global Savory Snacks sector, with a value share of 52.2% in 2016, followed by Convenience Stores with 32.2% share. The large share of the Hypermarkets & Supermarkets channel in the distribution of Savory Snacks can be attributed to the developed organized retail industry in major countries, where most consumers prefer to buy Savory Snacks.
The report "Opportunities in the Global Savory Snacks Sector" brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global Savory Snacks sector.
In depth, this report provides the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across six regions - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of Savory Snacks as compared to other major sectors such as Bakery & Cereals, Confectionery, Dairy & Soy Food, and Ice Cream during 2011-2021 at global and regional level.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries by region, based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country and regional analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high potential countries across the regions covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Savory Snacks sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of Savory Snacks products across the six regions in 2016. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering Savory Snacks products with Health & Wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global Savory Snacks sector in 2016. It covers four distribution channels: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and Others, which includes Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, 'Dollar Stores', Department Stores, e-Retailers, and General retailers.
Companies mentioned in this report: PepsiCo, Fujian Jinjiang Fuyuan Foodstuff Co, Orion Confectionery Co, Ltd, Golden Orchard Farmer (Beijing) Food Co., Ltd, Calbee Inc., Kameda Seika Co., Bourbon Corporation, Amanoya, Baby star snacks The Kellogg Company, The Kraft Heinz Company, ConAgra Foods, Arca Continental, S.A.B. de C.V
- The report provides an overview of global and regional markets covering - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region. It also identifies top ten high potential countries and provides deep dive analysis of top two countries in each region (except MEA).
- The report draws on the sector data by analyzing key distribution channels for Savory Snacks in the global market.
- Sector data is also used for studying the level of competition in the sector by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on sector shares of private label products.
- The report also includes insights on Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Savory Snacks sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021.
Reasons to buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global Savory Snacks sector across the six regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the global Savory Snacks sector and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the region, resulting in revenue expansion
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4959847/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/opportunities-in-the-global-savory-snacks-sector-analysis-of-opportunities-offered-by-high-growth-economies-300478352.html