Opscode Reaches Three Thousand Platform Customers, to Launch New Service Capabilities
Rhapsody, IGN Entertainment and ETSY Among Customers Using Opscode's Cloud Infrastructure Automation Service
SEATTLE, March 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Opscode, Inc., the leader in cloud infrastructure automation, today announced that more than 3,000 organizations have signed up to use the Opscode Platform since its commercial introduction in June, 2010. Opscode also today announced that Rhapsody (see separate press release), IGN Entertainment and ETSY are among customers using the Opscode Platform to power their production environments. The Opscode Platform, powered by Opscode's open source Chef systems integration software, is the world's first and only software as a service (SaaS) platform for automated infrastructure deployment and configuration management. Opscode also today announced it will be releasing several new capabilities to the Opscode platform, including multi-environment support, enhanced Windows bootstrapping, command line plug-in support and significant user interface enhancements.
"We are honored so many organizations are choosing the Opscode Platform for their production environments," said Jesse Robbins , CEO of Opscode. "This trend demonstrates that cloud infrastructure automation is critical for success on the Web. Organizations – from startups to Fortune 500 companies – are rapidly transitioning from legacy tools that limit their business to new, powerful and highly scalable, SaaS-based cloud automation platforms which let them focus on what's important."
Opscode will be releasing several new innovations and enhancements to the Opscode Platform, including:
- Environments – The Opscode platform now provides multi-environment support, enabling customers to efficiently manage, migrate and automate infrastructure across multiple environments supporting common IT workflows from development, to testing and production.
- Enhanced Windows Bootstrapping – The Opscode Platform now integrates Microsoft's remote management protocol within Opscode's 'knife' command line management tool, broadening the use of infrastructure automation within Windows environments.
- Knife Plug-in Support – Opscode has introduced plug-in support for knife, Opscode's command line interface. Users can now create and share their own enhancements to knife, enjoying the same level of integration as those written by Opscode.
About The Opscode Platform
The Opscode Platform is the world's first and only hosted SaaS platform for automated infrastructure deployment and configuration management. The Opscode Platform is powered by Opscode's open source Chef systems integration software, and delivers the following benefits:
- Speed - Start immediately and accelerate deployment and configuration management.
- Scale - Deploy from tens to thousands of servers in public and/or private clouds.
- Agility - Roll out complex changes to your entire fleet of servers.
- Elegance - Solve complex problems with simple, dynamic code.
To learn more about the Opscode Platform and to sign up for a free trial, please visit: www.opscode.com/platform.
Opscode is the leader in cloud infrastructure automation and provides the Opscode Platform, a widely used hosted service for configuration management and infrastructure automation. Opscode delivers Chef, the open source configuration management and integration framework used by thousands of organizations to manage and scale infrastructure. Founded in 2008, Opscode's management team includes experts responsible for creating and operating some of the world's largest websites and cloud computing platforms. The company is privately held and headquartered in Seattle, WA. More information can be found at http://www.opscode.com.
Jay Wampold , Director of Marketing and Communications, Opscode, 206-682-3986, firstname.lastname@example.org
More by this Source
Cheezburger Builds Massive Social Humor Website Network with Opscode
May 06, 2013, 09:00 ET
Opscode Momentum Surges As Chef Community Unites at #ChefConf 2013
Apr 25, 2013, 10:52 ET
Opscode and IBM Join Forces to Bring Open Source Cloud Automation to the Enterprise
Apr 25, 2013, 10:45 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.