SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Optimizely announced today findings that reveal businesses using their A/B testing platform demonstrate average gains between 13 and 29 percent across several metrics including revenue. The data suggests that online retailers increased revenue by 21 percent since running experiments on the leading website optimization platform, while media companies increased pageviews by 29 percent. Since its launch in 2010, Optimizely has addressed some of the biggest hurdles for online businesses today by enabling marketers to use data to improve conversion rates in real-time and run A/B and multivariate tests without technical or engineering resources.
"With Optimizely, we were able to test different banners on our site to shepherd customers through a checkout funnel," said Evelien Geerens, Projects Manager, Web Merchandising at Sony Europe. "We were able to make changes to our site effortlessly, without technical resources. The improved user experience increased purchases by 20 percent."
- Online retail and e-commerce companies increased shopper engagement by 13 percent increase and revenue by 21 percent
- Media companies had a 29 percent increase in pageviews and 14 percent increase in reader engagement
- Saas companies had a 29 percent gain in pageviews and 17 percent increase in customer engagement
- Just 17 percent of Fortune 500 companies are using an A/B testing tool
- Optimizely doubled its customer base between December 2012 and December 2013; and is on track to be one of the fastest growing web-based enterprise technologies in the world
- All percentages reflect average increases
- Additional customer stories and infographics can be found on the company's blog.
Testing and web personalization give businesses the ability to use data they have about visitors to give them a better experience. Optimizely is the layer on the web that holds the greatest opportunity for companies of all sizes through experimentation on their websites. The research supports Optimizely's vision of enabling the world to turn data into action.
This research was conducted by Optimizely with a global sample of more than 4,600 customers gathered through the company's platform. More than 6,000 customers have run more than 350,000 experiments since the company's launch.
Optimizely is the world's leading web optimization platform, providing A/B testing, multivariate testing, and website personalization for individuals and organizations with and without technical expertise. The platform's ease of use empowers organizations to conceive of and run experiments that help them make better data-driven decisions. With targeting and segmentation using powerful real-time data, Optimizely meets the diverse needs of any business looking to deliver unique web experiences to their visitors.