OKLAHOMA CITY, Sept. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its ongoing mission to ensure that every child is able to develop into their creative, unique selves, Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, a self-serve snack franchise with around 300 global locations, today introduced its Generation Original program in partnership with the national nonprofit No Kid Hungry.
Right now, one in five kids in the U.S. struggles with hunger. The Generation Original program aims to raise funds to help No Kid Hungry end childhood hunger in America. Just a $1 donation can help feed a child in need up to 10 healthy meals.
Generation Original aims to raise money for No Kid Hungry through two interactive, in-store pin up options, a Swizzle Dine Out Week, and online donation opportunities. Proceeds will support No Kid Hungry's work to give kids access to healthy meals every day. Customers can join Orange Leaf in the fight to end childhood hunger in several ways:
- Donate $1 for a limited edition, Orange Unicorn Augmented Reality (AR) coloring sheet pin up available at participating Orange Leaf stores through the month of Sept. The donation will allow donors to bring the brand's "Spokes-thingie", Orange Unicorn, to life via the AR sheet. Simply download the free Colorbug by Pixelbug™ mobile app from Google Play or iTunes, pick up the coloring sheet at an Orange Leaf store and get creative by coloring the stencil as imaginatively as possible. After coloring, open the app, point a mobile device at the colored stencil, and watch your original Orange Unicorn come to life.
- Donate $1 for a limited edition, Generation Original coloring sheet pin up at participating locations through the month of Sept., with all proceeds benefitting No Kid Hungry.
- During the week of Sept. 19-23, purchase any Swizzle during "Dine Out Week" at participating stores, and one dollar from each purchase will be donated to No Kid Hungry. Swizzles are Orange Leaf's newest froyo dessert that encourages guests to be one-of-a-kind originals by imaginatively mixing delicious froyo flavors with a wide variety of sweet, crunchy and fruity toppings that is then blended by a store team member. Featured Fall Swizzle recipes include:
- S'mores Swizzle: Toasted Marshmallow froyo, graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, chocolate chips and chocolate sauce drizzle
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Swizzle: Pumpkin Spice froyo, granola, whipped cream topping and caramel sauce drizzle
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Swizzle: Snickerdoodle froyo, Cheesecake froyo, graham cracker crumbs, cheesecake bites and whipped cream
- Purchase a limited edition Generation Original T-shirt online at orangeleafyogurt.com/donate for $10 through the month of Sept., with proceeds benefitting No Kid Hungry. On October 1, receive a Buy One Get One Half Off coupon via email good for their next visit to Orange Leaf. Coupon will be sent via email October 1 and is good for one-time use October 1-31, 2016.
"It's tough for a child to develop into their unique, awesome selves if they are worried about their next meal," said Geoff Goodman, president of Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt. "Our goal with Generation Original is to raise awareness of the issue and to help eradicate hunger for the next generation of original kids.
Orange Leaf's goal is to raise enough to provide 250,000 meals to hungry kids in America during September, which is National Hunger Awareness month. Orange Leaf is asking its customers to join the fight to end childhood hunger by donating three different ways and getting something back in return at Orange Leaf's more than 300 locations across the U.S.
About Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt
Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt is a self-serve snack franchise with approximately 300 locations in the U.S. and Australia. Orange Leaf offers a multitude of delicious traditional and original frozen yogurt flavors, including no-sugar-added, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan alternatives. Customized with a generous selection of do-it-yourself toppings, Orange Leaf provides an innocent indulgence, "self served" in a stimulating atmosphere. In 2014, Orange Leaf has been recognized for its growth by top media and institutions including Entrepreneur, Inc., Nation's Restaurant News and Technomic. Orange Leaf's pro-franchisee culture offers some of the lowest fees in the industry and encourages owners to become a part of their communities. For more information, visit the company's website, "like" Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt on Facebook, or follow on Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
About No Kid Hungry
No child should go hungry in America, but 1 in 5 kids will face hunger this year. Using proven, practical solutions, No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger today by ensuring that kids start the day with a nutritious breakfast and families learn the skills they need to shop and cook on a budget. When we all work together, we can make sure kids get the healthy food they need. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of national anti-hunger organization Share Our Strength. Join us at NoKidHungry.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/orange-leaf-frozen-yogurt-launches-generation-original-in-partnership-with-no-kid-hungry-to-help-end-childhood-hunger-in-america-300322260.html
SOURCE Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt