SALEM, Ore., Dec. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Oregon Bankers Association (OBA), in partnership with the Independent Community Banks of Oregon (ICBO) and OregonBusiness magazine, recently announced that Hydro Flask of Bend, Oregon is the recipient of the 2015 Community Applause Awards. Founded in 1996, the award competition is open for banks doing business in Oregon to nominate their business customers in recognition of their service in the community. An independent panel of judges reviewed each nomination and selected this year's winner. Since their inception, 38 Oregon businesses have been recognized, including this year's honoree.
During the Northwest Bank Executive Conference held December 7 in Portland, OBA President and CEO Linda Navarro, presented the award to Hydro Flask, which also received a $1,000 check payable to the nonprofit organization of their choice. Lucas Alberg, PR and communications manager, accepted the award and the $1,000 donation to Saving Grace, on behalf of Hydro Flask. Saving Grace provides comprehensive family violence and sexual assault services and promotes the value of living life free from violence. The award ceremony also included a video about the award recipient which can be viewed online at https://youtu.be/rtm3wleAWOo.
Hydro Flask was nominated by J.R. Wheeler, vice president and commercial relationship manager at Wells Fargo. Founded in 2009 in Bend, Hydro Flask is a leader in highperformance, insulated stainless steel flasks. Using the highest quality stainless steel, Hydro Flask's all insulated bottle line-up includes four categories: hydration, coffee, beer and food. Their flasks are stylish, BPAfree, recyclable, and backed by a lifetime warranty.
The company's mission is to save the world from lukewarm. Since their inception, Hydro Flask has worked hard to redefine the way customers experience hydration. Hydro Flask believes that great flasks and great causes go hand-in-hand. Examples of their most recent community contributions include:
- Through Hydro Flask's charitable arm dubbed "5% Back," their customers can allocate a portion of their purchase to a charity they choose. In 2014, contributions through this program totaled nearly $80,000. This year, contributions are expected to exceed $130,000.
- At Hydro Flask, employees are empowered to give back. Through September of this year, Hydro Flask team members have volunteered over 500 hours through individual and teaminitiated outings. Hydro Flask supports their employees' volunteerism by awarding eight paid hours each year to help a nonprofit of their choosing. Hydro Flask also matches employee donations to nonprofits up to $1,000.
- This January, Hydro Flask donated 6,000 products to the Community Action Partnership of Oregon and its 17 Community Action Agencies. The donation was aimed at helping their mission of eradicating poverty in Oregon.
- Hydro Flask has held several factory second and "scratch and dent" sales benefiting organizations such as Search and Rescue of Central Oregon and the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Cancer Walk in Bend.
- Last December, Hydro Flask donated $100,000 among three Oregon charities. The programs supported were chosen based on the largest impact of donated dollars.
The contributions included:
- $30,000 to the Oregon Natural Desert Association, which is committed to protecting, defending and restoring the high deserts of Oregon. Hydro Flask's donation went toward protecting the Central Oregon, John Day and Owyhee Canyonlands regions.
- $37,500 to NeighborImpact to purchase a new school bus for their Head Start program.
- $32,500 to Oregon Adaptive Sports, a nonprofit that provides lifechanging outdoor recreation experiences to individuals with physical or cognitive disabilities. Hydro Flask's donation supported the purchase of new equipment, their scholarship program, and helped fund the Wounded Warriors HooDoo event.
"In my mind, there is no other company more deserving of this award," said Wheeler. "They are the true meaning of a good steward to their community and the world. It has been an honor to work with Hydro Flask; their efforts inspire me and all those around them."
About The Oregon Bankers Association
Established in 1905, the Oregon Bankers Association is Oregon's only full-service trade association representing state and national commercial banks, thrifts and savings banks chartered to do business in Oregon. More information is available at www.oregonbankers.com.
SOURCE Oregon Bankers Association