ORANGE, Calif., March 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ormco, a leading manufacturer and provider of advanced orthodontic technology and services, today unveiled Ormco™ Custom, an end-to-end digital case solution that features a suite of products and services to offer today's clinicians the benefits of both personalization and profitability. Ormco Custom includes Lythos™ Digital Impression System, Insignia™ Advanced Smile Design™ and the integration of Ormco|AOA custom lab services—state-of-the-art digital technologies that provide unprecedented levels of customization and ground-breaking efficiencies in an effort to help practices increase their profitability.
Ormco Custom will make its public debut at this year's American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) Annual Session in New Orleans, April 26 -29, 2014. Ormco's booth, #1805, will feature entertaining and educational live action campaign debates where two actors, political candidates Senator Tailor and Governor Cash, will argue which benefit of Ormco Custom is superior—personalization or profitability. Ormco Custom offers orthodontists unexpected advantages to help boost practice profit and deliver personalized treatment that is tailored to the individual patient. From Lythos eliminating the need for costly storage space required for traditional impressions, to Insignia allowing orthodontists to give every patient an optimal occlusion and smile arc specifically personalized to their unique facial features, Ormco Custom's suite of products are designed to make a positive impact on clinicians' treatment approach and business goals. Additionally, the integration of AOA lab services means lab products and services are also customized for each patient's treatment plan.
When the Ormco Custom in-booth campaign debates conclude, AAO attendees will vote for their preferred candidate. Participants who vote for the winning side will be eligible for daily prizes of free Insignia cases, valued at $800*, and professional headshots—to be photographed at AAO. In addition to at-show prizes, doctors can have their chance at winning a $20,000 Lythos Digital Impression System by pre-registering to vote and scheduling a debate time at www.ormcocustom.com* or at the AAO in the Ormco booth, #1805.
"The battle is on at this year's AAO and we encourage all attendees to come to the Ormco booth to laugh, vote and win—all while learning the incredible personalization and profitability benefits offered through Ormco Custom," said Ormco Vice President of Strategic Product Management and Operations Manufacturing, Mark Hillebrandt. "Ormco Custom is the future of orthodontics, as the end-to-end digital platform allows for levels of precision and clinical efficiency that were previously inaccessible. From creating per-tooth prescriptions for every patient to reducing chair and treatment time, the suite of Lythos, Insignia and AOA custom lab services will distinguish practices as state-of-the-art and help clinicians make difficult cases manageable and routine cases exceptional."
Earlier this year, Ormco unveiled its strategy to become the market leader in digital orthodontics. With a third-party survey** reporting that 98 percent of respondents believe the future of orthodontics will increasingly rely on a digital workflow, Ormco is fully committed to accelerating the industry's access to advanced solutions. In 2010, the company had invested more than $50 million in digital orthodontics research and development (R&D); in 2014 it announced its plans to increase the investments further. The aggressive R&D efforts are backed by Ormco's plans to complete the first comprehensive package for 3D digital imaging records, 3D digital treatment planning, photo realistic outcome visualization, and fabrication of customized aligners and fixed and lab appliances to treat patients according to the doctor's pre-visualized plans.
A comprehensive digital package, each component of Ormco Custom is designed to ensure better, faster and more comfortable patient outcomes, while simultaneously assisting orthodontists to streamline practice workflow. With tools that develop optimal occlusion and smile arcs proportioned specifically to every patient's unique facial features, clinicians can achieve a desired finish, with unparalleled efficiency and ease of use. Ormco Custom benefits include:
- Digital scanning: The Lythos Digital Impression System harnesses the power of digital scanning to overcome the inherent challenges associated with traditional impressions. Ormco continues to advance the functions of Lythos and in April will release the 1.9 Lythos software upgrade that features easier digital impression acquisition and other system enhancements.
- Pre-treatment smile visualization: With a goal of achieving never before seen accuracy, Insignia Advanced Smile Design allows doctors to show patients a 3-D virtual image of their projected final results prior to starting a case, putting the planning power in their hands. The technology cuts lab fees and stores inventory in the cloud, reducing management and storage costs. Insignia™ Ai, the enhanced and easy-to-use Insignia Advanced Smile Design Approver Interface, combines two occlusion tools into a simultaneous function that allows clinicians to interact with the patient's occlusion from multiple angles, providing a higher level of interactive visualization to achieve both the aesthetics and occlusion they prefer. It is also accompanied with a new wizard to navigate users throughout the entire submission and approval experience.
- Patient-specific custom brackets and wires: Acknowledging that every patient is different, customized brackets and wires accompanying Ormco Custom offer an unmatched degree of personalization.
- Precision bracket placement: With clear precision placement guides accompanying each Insignia case, Ormco Custom provides clinicians with the tools to calculate and view exact bracket placement on a patient's tooth before curing. This effortless precision placement results in fewer mid-treatment adjustments.
- Enhanced ROI: Insignia is proven to reduce treatment time by 37% with 7 fewer patient visits***. Additionally, with both a unique open platform format and rebate program, the Lythos scanner is a sound financial investment able to positively impact practice efficiency and return on investment. Never before has the industry seen a program structured like Ormco Lifetime Rewards—a loyalty program available to Ormco Custom customers—where points never expire and can be redeemed for a variety of products and services.
To learn more about Ormco Custom and Ormco's AAO campaign, visit www.ormcocustom.com.
For more information about Ormco, please visit ormco.com. Media interested in speaking with an Ormco spokesperson should contact Robin Dwyer at 619-234-0345 or email@example.com. Connect with Ormco on Facebook or Twitter at @Ormco.
*Only AAO 2014 North American doctors are eligible to win. Participants must vote and be present to win any prize. Winners announced daily at the end of each debate and custom portraits will be photographed at AAO, April 26th through April 28th, 2014 at the AAO only. Lythos winner will be announced Monday, April 28th, at 4 p.m. CT. Doctors and staff from Massachusetts and Vermont are not eligible to win the Lythos Digital Impression System, nor Insignia cases.
**Data on file
***Weber II, Dennis J., Koroluk, Lorne D., Phillips, Ceib, Nguyen, Tung, Proffit, William R., "Clinical Effectiveness and Efficiency of Customized vs. Conventional Preadjusted Bracket Systems," Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, Volume XLVII, No. 4 (2013): 261-266.
For over 50 years, Ormco has partnered with the orthodontic community to manufacture innovative products and solutions to enhance the lives of its customers and their patients. Distinguished products range from legacy twin brackets Titanium Orthos™ and Mini-Twin™ to self-ligating appliances with the Damon™ System and active Prodigy™ SL. Ormco's Insignia™ Advanced Smile Design™ provides an all-inclusive solution with customized brackets, wires and placement trays for increased clinical efficiency. From personalized service to worldwide continuing education programs and marketing support, Ormco is committed to helping orthodontists achieve their clinical and practice management objectives. For more information, visit the Ormco website.
SOURCE Ormco Corporation