KANSAS CITY, Mo., May 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Russell Stover Chocolates announced today the launch of Everyday chocolates, offering chocolate lovers both classic and new confections in convenient packaging for everyday enjoyment. Everyday chocolates include individually wrapped versions of Russell Stover's time-honored candies along with snackable bites, sugar-free bites, barks, pretzels and minis that stay fresh in re-sealable bags. Unveiled at the 2016 Sweets and Snacks Expo in Chicago, Everyday varieties can be found in the candy aisle of leading retailers nationwide.
"Our fans were the inspiration for the new Everyday line. They've been telling us that they want to enjoy our chocolates year-round, so we found a way to move them out of the box and into a bag for easy, everyday snacking and sharing," said, Marjolaine DeClaviere Vice President of Marketing at Russell Stover. "Our chocolates have added joy to special occasions and holidays for decades. Now we can offer that same joy anytime, anywhere, every day."
Everyday chocolates come in the following varieties:
- Barks and Pretzels, including Pistachio Bark, Crunchy Caramel Bark and Double Dipped Pretzels with Sea Salt
- Fruit-Flavored Bites with pomegranate, orange or blueberry centers enrobed in luscious chocolate, perfect for snacking or sharing with friends
- Sugar Free Bites are fruit-flavored bites with no sugar, fewer calories and all the taste. Try all 3 flavors: cranberry, orange and blueberry
- Favorites are inspired by decades' worth of feedback from happy customers. These tried and true recipes include Milk Chocolate Pecan Delight, Dark Chocolate Coconut, Milk Chocolate Caramel and Dark Chocolate Mint Patties
- Minis are smaller bite-size versions of Russell Stover favorite recipes: Dairy Cream Caramel, Pecan Delight, and Coconut
The Everyday line highlights significant innovations for Russell Stover. More than 90 years after the company was founded, the launch of the Everyday line represents the company's snack category debut with its first-ever use of re-sealable bags and snackable bite sizes. Additionally, the Everyday Pistachio Bark is one of the first confections of its kind to use pistachio nuts, representing a true innovation in the dark chocolate and nut category.
"We've gotten an extremely positive response to the Everyday line from our customers and from consumers," said DeClaviere. "It is a true testament to Russell Stover's customer-focused commitment to innovation and creativity. We look forward to continuing to serve long-term fans of the brand in new and exciting ways, while introducing the products to new customers and generations."
Everyday chocolates can be found at leading retailers including Walgreens, CVS, Publix, Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, Ahold, Kroger and many other major retailers.
About Russell Stover Candies
Kansas City-based Russell Stover Candies was started in the Denver, Colorado home of Russell and Clara Stover in 1923 and their handcrafted in small batches approach is still in use today. The company is the largest producer of boxed chocolates in the United States. Russell Stover Candies includes Whitman's and Pangburns brands, and is part of the Lindt & Sprüngli family of companies. To learn more about Russell Stover Candies, visit www.russellstover.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/out-of-the-box-and-into-the-bag-russell-stover-launches-everyday-line-of-chocolates-featuring-beloved-classics-and-new-snackable-treats-300274864.html
SOURCE Russell Stover Candies