LONDON, Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Growth in the outdoor eating market has slowed to 0.4% in 2016 (from 3.1% in 2015) but is set to recover, to 0.8%, in 2017. The outdoor eating category is continuing to grow and is expected to increase c.£4m by 2021. A shift in mentality has seen more consumers using outdoor areas for entertaining and are increasingly furnishing these spaces with a range of outdoor furniture and eating products.
- A growing proportion of consumers are using outdoor living spaces for entertaining and a distinct group are emerging for retailers to target: younger customers who are choosing to entertain at home as a more economical social activity
- There is greater demand for more compact outdoor eating equipment as the size of outdoor living areas shrinks.
- Despite ongoing uncertainty over the UK housing market and the outcome of the Brexit vote, shoppers continue to purchase outdoor eating products. Home barbecuing is now more frequently used for family meals not just entertaining, as more people see the garden as an extension of their home, especially during the summer.
- Outdoor eating is a category that can perform well in times of economic uncertainty, with consumers more happy to invest in entertaining at home, at the expense of more costly activities, such as holidays
The Outdoor Eating report offers a comprehensive insight into the outdoor eating and accessories market within the UK: analyzing the market, the major players, the key trends, and consumer attitudes. It also provides market forecasts to 2021.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Key issues and success strategies within the outdoor eating market in the UK
- Market size and forecast: a look at the total market size and forecast for the UK outdoor eating market
- Retailer profiles: a detailed look at the dominant players including market shares and outlooks
- Consumer data: a detailed look at what, how and where people are buying outdoor eating products
Reasons To Buy
- This HRS report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the outdoor eating market based on insights from Verdict's bespoke consumer survey and analyst insight.
- The report is designed for senior executives, boasting presentation-ready material.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers understand the opportunities within the outdoor furniture market.