NEW YORK, July 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 3D printing market has witnessed tremendous growth in M&A activities in terms of the number of deals announced between 2010 and 2016. The large tech companies have shown interest in the 3D printing technology through various acquisitions. The driving factors behind the increase in M&A activities include the need to increase scale, substantial growth of startup companies, intense competition, and the need for companies to improve their technology, product, and services portfolio. Significant opportunities exist for the 3D printing market in the Asia-Pacific region. The market has been experiencing advancements in printers and printing technologies, improvements in materials used, and developments in skilled workforce.
3D PRINTING MARKET TO GROW AT A HIGH CAGR BETWEEN 2016 AND 2022
The 3D printing market is expected to reach USD 30.19 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 28.5% between 2016 and 2022. 3D printing is used to develop prototypes and end products in industries such as automotive, medical, aerospace, defense, dental, biomedical, jewelry, art, architecture, fashion designing, and interior designing among others. Along with these, electronics, robotics, spacecraft, construction, organ transplantations, food, and other industries have also started adopting the 3D printing technology. The market is growing rapidly, and it is now focusing on the production of end parts with the development of technologies and metal powdered materials.
The break-up of profile of primary participants is given below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 25%, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 –30%
• By Designation: C-Level – 35%, Director Level – 40%, Others – 25%
• By Region: North America – 45%, Europe – 35%, APAC – 15%, RoW – 5%
The major players in the 3D printing market include 3D Systems Corporation (U.S.), Stratasys Ltd. (U.S. & Israel), the ExOne Company(U.S.), Voxeljet AG (Germany), Arcam Group (Sweden), SLM Solutions Group AG (Germany), EOS GmbH (Germany), EnvisionTEC GmbH (Germany), Materialise NV (Belgium), Sciaky Inc. (U.S.), Concept Laser GmbH (Germany), Autodesk, Inc. (U.S.), Hoganas AB (Sweden), Renishaw PLC (U.K.).
The report will help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report categorizes M&A during 2010–2016 by deal volume, segment, cross-border and domestic, and geography with a review of the big deals giving buyers an insight into the latest M&A trends in the 3D printing market.
2. The report provides an overview of the 3D printing market, analyzing key component segments and end-user segments. Furthermore, stakeholders can get an understanding of the pulse of M&A, patents, and investments.
3. The report reviews key M&A strategies, private equity investors, and patents adopted by top 3D printing companies and analyzes the top five assignees of the published patents.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03921280-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/outlook-of-mergers--acquisitions-investments-and-patents-in-the-3d-printing-market-300293709.html