DENVER, Oct 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Twelve outstanding community leaders are being honored for their charitable work at the National Philanthropy Day® in Colorado Luncheon on November 10, 2016. The event is at the Seawell Grand Ballroom at the Denver Center Performing Arts Complex from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
National Philanthropy Day® brings thousands of people around the world together to celebrate giving, volunteering and charitable engagement and to highlight the accomplishments of those involved in the philanthropic process, both large and small. In Colorado, the official day and grassroots movement is led by the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
"Philanthropy shows the love of humankind," says Cory Andersen, CFRE, National Philanthropy Day® Luncheon Chair. "We are blessed to have so many people in Colorado that give their time, talent and treasure to make a difference and create impact in their communities. It is an honor to recognize these extraordinary individuals and organizations."
The 2016 Honorees are:
- Outstanding Large Business: CoBiz Financial (Denver)
- Outstanding Small Business: Bluepoint Bakery (Denver)
- Outstanding Foundation: The Anschutz Foundation (Denver)
- Outstanding Philanthropist: Marcy & Bruce Benson (Denver)
- Outstanding Professional in Philanthropy - Grantmaker: John H. "Jack" Alexander, Jr. (Denver)
- Outstanding Professional in Philanthropy - Fundraiser: Elycia Cook (Denver)
- Outstanding Service Organization: Xi Pi Chapter, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. (Colorado Springs)
- Outstanding Volunteer: Nadyne Leedom (Denver)
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Caleb F. Gates, Jr. (Denver)
- Outstanding Youth: Sarah Greichen (Centennial)
- Outstanding Youth Group: Vilas Citizenship & Leadership Council (Vilas)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Sue Anschutz-Rodgers (Denver)
A public selection process, involving a wide-ranging group of community representatives, including members of the nonprofit/foundation, business and government sectors, is used to determine the winners. The "Outstanding Youth" and "Outstanding Youth Group" winners will receive $2,500 scholarships for continuing education.
"We offer our sincere thank you to all those who nominate people in their community and uplift philanthropy in all areas," says DeAnn Acosta, executive director, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Colorado Chapter. "We offer a special thank you to Rose Community Foundation for their support as our Presenting Sponsor."
For more information about the National Philanthropy Day® in Colorado Luncheon, visit afpcc.org and click on Event Calendar (November).
About the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Colorado Chapter
The Association of Fundraising Professionals is a membership organization committed to advancing philanthropy. We offer resources and create opportunities to help fundraising professionals be the best they can be. We bring fundraisers together to network, grow professionally, and advance our field.
Contacts: Kayla Arnesen 720.898.5919
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/outstanding-colorado-philanthropists-honored-300342380.html
SOURCE Association of Fundraising Professionals, Colorado Chapter