SAN ANTONIO, June 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ovation Brands® portfolio of restaurants- Old Country Buffet®, Ryan's®, HomeTown® Buffet, and Country Buffet®- will be partnering with PlayMonster™ to make Family Night all about fun and games. Starting June 16, restaurants will offer popular PlayMonster™ games like Yeti in My Spaghetti® and Stack Attack® to add to the weekly Thursday event. The partnership will offer eight weeks of family-friendly fun paired with educational activities.
"The team at PlayMonster™ has developed an exciting program for guests visiting our restaurants on Family Night," said Mike Griffith, Director of Marketing for Ovation Brands. "In addition to board game fun, each location will feature a different interactive educational activity each week that centers on balance, architecture, the science of building and other strategy mind games."
Family Night takes place every Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. The following are scheduled activities from June 16 through August 4, 2016.
- June 16: The Laws of Balance - How to obtain equilibrium, games about balancing, simple fractions and diagrams of what side is heavier and more.
- June 23: City Rising – Fun facts about the biggest cities in the world and the tallest skyscrapers.
- June 30: Buildings of ancient Rome – Learn about how huge thousand pound boulders were moved without cranes!
- July 7: Sink or Swim – Learn about the law of physics and what makes some items float.
- July 14: Why does it do that? - Learn why spaghetti and other ingredients can come out of a box as a solid, but how it changes texture when cooked.
- July 21: Spaghetti Westerns – Learn about a whole type of movie favorite and come dressed as your favorite character of the old west.
- July 28: Rhyming Words – From Yeti Spaghetti to makin' bacon! Learn how to have fun making words rhyme! Hear some rap music to learn how rhyming is used today fun ways.
- August 4: Macaroni Art – Make a necklace for mom while using your noodle!
"We're very excited to be partnering with Ovation Brands, and we look forward to seeing our games played in their restaurants!" said Lisa Wuennemann, Director of Marketing for PlayMonster™. "Bringing playtime to mealtime is a great way to bring families together, sparking interaction and creating fun memories!"
To add to the game night excitement, each of the buffet restaurants will be giving away a prize pack featuring a new Yeti in My Spaghetti® and Stack Attack® to lucky families on July 7, 2016. No purchase necessary.
Visit www.Ryans.com, www.HomeTownBuffet.com, www.CountryBuffet.com or www.OldCountryBuffet.com for more information about the PlayMonster™ partnership and Family Night. While online, sign up for Crave Connection™ to receive exclusive offers and updates on upcoming promotions.
PlayMonster™ is a toy and game company that believes in the power of play to make a positive difference in people's lives. Delivering great play value by designing, manufacturing and marketing quality products like the award-winning The Game of THINGS...®, 5 Second Rule®, Mirari®, Perplexus®, Yeti in My Spaghetti®, Stinky Pig™, Farkle, Chrono Bomb®, OK to Wake!®, Lauri®, Stratego®, Roominate™ and Wooly Willy™ is how PlayMonster™ helps keep play alive for all ages.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ovation-brands-partners-with-playmonster-to-bring-kid-friendly-competition-to-family-night-starting-june-16-300281804.html
SOURCE Ovation Brands