OXY® Introduces New Consumer-friendly Products with Strong and Effective Acne-Fighting Ingredients Maximum Action and Daily Defense Product Lines Offer Comprehensive Acne Treatment
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OXY®, a trusted skin care brand for over 30 years, is introducing new and improved products that will be among the most highly effective and easy to understand on the market. The products, part of two lines called OXY® Maximum Action and OXY® Daily Defense, are uniquely segmented and include new packaging that clearly spells out product benefits, active ingredients and recommended usages.
"Finding the right way to deal with acne can be complicated, and consumers – both moms and teens – are looking for simple solutions for prevention and treatment," said Jean Legros, head of marketing, sales and customer service for The Mentholatum Company. "A clear and concise understanding of a product's benefits is a crucial step in the process. And OXY® is going beyond the category conventions with streamlined new products that are strong, effective and easy to understand."
The new OXY® portfolio will consist of two distinct lines grouped by active ingredients designed to either kill acne bacteria or provide maintenance for acne-prone skin:
- OXY® Maximum Action includes Benzoyl Peroxide to treat acne flare-ups and eliminate acne bacteria for visibly clearer skin. The range includes:
- OXY® Maximum Action Advanced Face Wash (NEW)
- OXY® Maximum Action Treatment Pads (NEW)
- OXY® Maximum Action Spot Treatment (NEW)
- OXY® Maximum Action Tinted Spot Treatment (NEW)
- OXY® Maximum Action Sensitive Face Wash
- OXY® Daily Defense includes Salicylic Acid for everyday maintenance to treat acne-prone skin and help prevent breakouts. The range includes:
- OXY® Daily Defense Face Wash (NEW)
- OXY® Daily Defense Facial Cleanser (NEW)
- OXY® Daily Defense Exfoliating Face Scrub (NEW)
- OXY® Daily Defense Sensitive Cleansing Pads
- OXY® Daily Defense Cleansing Pads
- OXY® Daily Defense Exfoliating Body Scrub
- OXY® Daily Defense Hydrating Body Wash
Both Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid are endorsed by The American Academy of Dermatology and are recommended widely by dermatologists for being two of the most effective ingredients available for treating acne.
"With so many over-the-counter choices available, one of the most common questions I get from patients is: How do I know which acne product is right for me?" said Dr. Erin Welch, M.D. of Dermatology. "It's clear that OXY has been listening to teens and moms because the new lines not only provide the most effective anti-acne products now available, but also cut through a cluttered and complicated category in a way that's simple, streamlined and highly intuitive."
Gentle enough for everyday use, OXY® products offer a full range of treatments for anyone, at any age, suffering from acne. A product of The Mentholatum Company, OXY® products will be available in supermarkets, mass channels and drug stores beginning March 2013 and will retail for between $4.50 and $6.99 per product.
About The Mentholatum Company
The Mentholatum Company is a global health and wellness company, providing non-prescription pharmaceutical, healthcare, and cosmetic products to consumers worldwide. Founded in 1889, their focus is on providing quality healthcare solutions for the treatment and prevention of conditions associated with skin care, pain relief and eye care. USA headquarters are based in Orchard Park, N.Y. Brands include OXY® Acne Medications, pHisoderm® Facial Care, Softlips® Lip Care, Rohto® Eye Drops, WellPatch® Pain-Relieving Patches, Deep Heating® Muscle Rub, Mentholatum® Ointment, Fletcher's® Laxative and Red Cross® Toothache and Canker Sore Medications. More information can be found at http://www.mentholatum.com/.
SOURCE The Mentholatum Company