NEW YORK, June 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- OZY, the first and favorite information source for the Change Generation, and the Fusion Media Group (FMG), the multiplatform destination for the rising American mainstream, today announced the inaugural OZY FUSION Fest to take place Saturday, July 23 from 10:30AM until 9:00PM, at Rumsey Playfield in NYC's Central Park (OZY.com/ozyfusionfest2016).
OZY FUSION FEST is something you experience — not something you just attend. Rumsey Playfield in the heart of Central Park will be transformed. Attendees can experience interactive art, provocative speakers, inventive food and live music. They can also meet new people, play games and shop the Good Sh*t Bazaar. All of your favorite things — in one place.
A celebration of the timeless art and power of thinking, the theme of the inaugural event is where the world can and should be heading in the next decade. From social scientists to innovators, to actors and political heavyweights, to music producers-turned-hotel moguls and "agitators" who rock the boat – thought will be center stage.
Tickets to the inaugural OZY FUSION FEST are available for purchase on http://www.ticketfly.com/. General admission tickets are $35.00, and VIP passes are $75.00 (includes exclusive stage-side viewing lounge, beer, wine, and snacks).
Exciting Performances From Musicians and Comedians:
- Will.i.am (Grammy Award Winning performer)
- Wyclef Jean (Grammy Award Winning performer)
- Andra Day (Recording artist)
- Issa Rae (Actress, writer and YouTube star, Awkward Black Girl series)
As well as conversation with Broad City's Abbi Jacobson & Ilana Glazer.
Thought Leadership Presentations, Panels and Discussions From:
- Bill Gates (Microsoft founder and entrepreneur)
- Cory Booker (New Jersey Senator and former Mayor Newark, NJ)
- Chris Blackwell (Founder of Island Outpost Resorts, CEO and Founder of Blackwell Rum, Founder of Island Records, music and film producer)
- Darren Walker (President of the Ford Foundation)
- Judy Smith (Author and producer of the television show Scandal)
- Karl Rove (Political strategist and former Deputy Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to President George W. Bush)
- Malcolm Gladwell (Journalist and best-selling author, The Tipping Point, Blink)
Mouth watering food inventions and demonstrations:
- Alex Guarnaschelli — Iron Chef, Food Network celebrity chef, author of Old-School Comfort Food, and the executive chef at New York City's Butter restaurants — has been named OZY's "CFO" (Chief Food Officer)
- Brooklyn Flea will serve food and beverages with a special menu curated by Chef Guarnaschelli
Outrageous Live Performance Art and Exhibits From:
- Kazuhiro Tsuji (renowned artists, hyper realist sculpture)
- More to be announced soon
ABOUT FUSION / FUSION MEDIA GROUP
Through impactful journalism and smart commentary, FUSION covers the stories that matter to the new, rising American mainstream. FUSION content is available to audiences across a broad range of platforms including cable television (channel listings), FUSION.net, various OTT providers and social media platforms. FUSION will be a part of the recently announced Fusion Media Group (FMG), a division of Univision Communications Inc. (UCI). FMG is a collection of brands that speak with an authentic voice and a convention-breaking, youthful perspective. FMG will include UCI's interests in FUSION and El Rey as well as The Root, The Onion, A.V. Club, Clickhole, Starwipe, Flama, Univision Digital and Univision Music.
OZY Media was founded by former CNN and MSNBC anchor Carlos Watson and former Media M&A executive Samir Rao. These Harvard alumni launched OZY Media in 2013, with a belief that "more is possible" and a commitment to prioritize "what's new and next."
OZY.com is a daily culture and news magazine crafted for the Change Generation, curious minds ranging in age from 18 to 80+. At 400 million strong, they are driven by purpose and inclined toward social action. Now reaching more than 20 million people a month, OZY has been "ahead of the curve" more than 200 times — producing original profiles on people, places and trends months before they hit traditional media. OZY's flagship franchises include the Presidential Daily Brief (PDB), Rising Stars, and Good Sh*t. The PDB is delivered each morning to more than 1.5 million subscribers, providing a recap of what is happening in the world and why it matters. The PDB is frequently curated by a wide range of guest editors who are thought leaders and influencers in their fields, including Bill Gates, PBS's Gwen Ifill, House Speaker Paul Ryan, President Bill Clinton, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and Arianna Huffington.
OZY FUSION FEST PARTNERS
OZY Media developed the brand and strategy for OZY FUSION FEST in collaboration with Fusion Media Group. Execution is being lead by partners Empire Entertainment a New York City and Tokyo-based producer of experiential and entertainment projects, The McDonald Group, Resonant Pictures and Parallax Productions.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ozy-media-and-fusion-media-group-launch-the-inaugural-ozy-fusion-fest-on-saturday-july-23-at-rumsey-playfield-in-nycs-central-park-300290000.html
SOURCE OZY Media