Pa. Banking and Securities Department Announces Quarterly Report on Public Enforcement Orders
HARRISBURG, Pa., Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Banking and Securities' Bureau of Compliance and Licensing administered 18 public enforcement orders during the third quarter of 2012, which included fines in the amount of $103,850.
The following violations were included in the orders:
- Two companies engaged in unlicensed mortgage loan origination activity;
- Three companies engaged in unlicensed mortgage loan modification activity;
- Four companies engaged in unlicensed auto finance sales activity;
- Two companies engaged in unlicensed money transmitter activity;
- One company engaged in illegal payday lending; and
- Six companies engaged in various other unauthorized non-mortgage related activity.
These orders include the revocation of two licenses for violating a previous consent agreement issued by the department for unauthorized auto finance sales activity in Pennsylvania.
A comprehensive list of public enforcement orders administered by the Department of Banking and Securities is available online at www.dobs.state.pa.us.
Consumers can make inquiries or file a complaint against any company regulated or licensed by the Department of Banking and Securities online or by calling 1-800-PA-BANKS (800-722-2657). Investors can call 1-800-600-0007.
Media contact: Ed Novak, 717-783-4721
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Banking
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.